***WE ARE LOCATED IN ORANGEBURG, SC
- Help the EHS Team maintain a service organization reputation throughout the plant site by engaging with company and contract employees in an effective and professional manner.
- Administers oversight and upgrades to contractor, visitor, and new employee orientations and training.
- Fully participate as a member of the EHS Team, including support of fellow team members.
- Responsible for development, implementation, and supervision of training systems, programs, and processes to assure site employees acquire and maintain the skills necessary to operate and maintain our site while meeting the regulatory, safety and environmental needs of our organization.
- Be an example of safety to all personnel on site.
- Provide off hours on call when scheduled or necessary.
- Support VPP Initiatives
- Manage oversight and operation of our computer-based training system, and proper organization and security of our site wide training records.
- Maintain a Site Overview for regulatory compliance and Job Specific Training for all job functions in the plant.
- Create and maintain Site Training Plan coordinating training for all Orangeburg Departments.
- Train personnel in the knowledge and skills necessary to meet all regulatory safety, health, environmental and security training requirements.
- Maintain accurate record keeping of training performed on and off site for SI Group, Orangeburg.
- Assist the HSTS Manager in training needs analysis as required.
- Serve as Facilitator of the Training Steering Committee.
- Assist in developing training manuals for departments and large capital projects.
- Maintain a good working relationship with all departments for effective implementation of job training, skills training, and certification training according to departmental training plans.
- Track the training needs of transferred employees with new job responsibilities and new employees.
- Ensure new MOC approvers are adequately trained.
- Work with plant departments to assure computer based training modules are updated and relevant to reflect constant changes to regulations, policies and procedures.
- Conduct training as necessary based on need.
- Assist new employees with orientation and required safety and regulatory training prior to their placement into the work area.
Education and Experience
- College degree preferably, or equivalent experience.
- Certification as a trainer, teaching experience, or equivalent experience
- 10+ year operations maintenance/ troubleshooting experience
- Computer system skills
- Strong communication / presentation skills
- Knowledge of adult learning behaviors
- Advanced knowledge of computers, database administration and information systems
- Do the Right Thing - Commitment to safety and compliance in all actions; behave in a professional manner, treating others with respect and dignity; support strategic initiatives with actions and behaviors; act with integrity by following through on commitments
- Captivate our Customers – Proactively anticipates customer needs (internal/external); showcases high level of engagement and enthusiasm in all interactions; delivers high-quality products and services in a timely manner; establishes and maintains effective professional relationships, gaining customer trust and respect
- Results Matter - Demonstrate clear and compelling actions to achieve business and performance objectives; seek to accurately prioritize activities; bring a sense of urgency to getting things done; sets clear metrics to measure progress and report results
- Lean In – Seeks to motivate and bring out the best in each other, both with actions and with words; take ownership and hold self and others accountable; assumes positive intent from others and has courage to take the lead; respectfully challenges biases and conventional beliefs to solve problems & drive innovation; exude positive energy, curiosity and a bias for action
- Reach Beyond Your Possible - Aspire to make the impossible, possible, and strive to reach it; take calculated risks, celebrating successes and learning from failures; set aggressive targets that move the business forward; collaborate with others across the organization to utilize the full potential of the team
- Better Every Day - Demonstrate a personal commitment to a continuous improvement mindset; build a strong external network of experts, both internal & external; actively work to strengthen personal knowledge and skills; finds opportunities to educate others by mentoring, training or coaching
- Embrace the Grit – shows perseverance in challenging and difficult situations; committed to success and positive outcomes, regardless of the obstacles; approaches change in a positive way and maintains forward progress
- Talent Coach [For People Leaders] - Coaches and supports direct reports in developing knowledge, skills, and abilities with respect to performance and development opportunities; sets inspiring goals, meets regularly to provide feedback, and redirects activities as needed; adheres to people management process timelines and policies; delivers and cascades communications appropriately to direct reports