***WE ARE LOCATED IN ROTTERDAM JUNCTION, NY
General Description: The Plant HR Manager is responsible for the day-to-day administration of human resources policies, procedures and programs for (a given) site(s). This role acts as a subject matter expert on human resources matters, providing guidance, assistance and support to management, supervisors and administrators daily.
Responsibility 1: Core HR Site Services
- Administer human resources services at assigned locations. Acts as primary resource for site HR needs including non-exempt staffing, employment processing, managing a consistent approach to employee onboarding, records management, employee relations and retention, AA/EEO compliance, and labor relations and completing personnel transactions in HCM system. Provide guidance, assistance and support to for managers, supervisors, and employees when necessary.
- Ensures the implementation of compliance programs for all federal, state and local regulations and requirements regarding North America employment and the HR policy compliance. Keep up to date on existing and new legislation; anticipating legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Conducts recruitment efforts for nonexempt personnel, students, and temporary employees; writes and places postings/advertisements. Reviewing and screening resumes, setting up & leading interviews, offering recommendations to the hiring manager, arranging skills testing, detailing and documenting job offers. Maintain up-to-date and accurate information for training of new hires, which include electronic files, paper files, and PowerPoint presentations, etc. Maintains catalog of new employee orientation forms within SharePoint.
- Conducts/coordinates new-employee orientations for assigned location(s); Coordinating all site pre-employment screening, and all final checks on candidates as well as either preparing or overseeing the preparation/processing of paperwork to bring the new hire onboard.
- Oversee separation process for exiting employees
Responsibility 2: Employee Relations
- Coordinate and Manage HR Labor Relations activities and provide HR support at the site level for day-to-day employee and/or union issues. Partner with site leadership regarding management direction and support regarding company policies and procedure, in accordance with Policy and/or union contract.
- Assist site management with the salary administration for skilled labor and/or union employees including progression increases, promotions, transfers, and as applicable contractual general wage increases.
- Support site recruiting efforts, track metrics & analyze data (including open positions per business – locations, time to fill, internal vs. external metrics, and cost associated with external recruiting), report status updates,
- Own exit process for site employees, track exit data.
- (For unionized sites: Work with union officers as needed to clarify management position regarding decisions, grievance process, or business direction and work to resolve issues in a timely manner. Key resource involved in contract negotiations. Review and support labor needs within the union. Keep up to date on unionized related employment regulations & legislation i.e. NLRB).
Responsibility 3: America’s HR Team & Global HR Team Support
- Liaise, support and implement regional and/or global HR related programs and services at assigned site(s) on a wide variety of functional and operations initiatives as they are launched. These may include but are not limited to: A deep understanding of H&W and retirement benefits programs, open enrollment, ACA compliance, HCM self-service applications, PMP changes and timelines, salary planning, branding, intern and rotational programs, team building and change management initiatives.
- Core member and active participant on North America HR Team
- Oversee and act as back-up for various HR programs and activities
- May own regional project work by clarifying project objective; setting timetables and schedules; conducting research; developing and organizing information; executing & implementation of deliverables.