Job Title: Director of Emerging Technologies
Job Category: IT
Client: Corporate Headquarters
Location: Springfield, VA
Travel: Primary place of performance will be the corporate headquarters with the potential for travel in support of our mission.
SHR Consulting Group LLC, headquartered in Springfield, VA. Our IT Professionals help organizations by providing intelligent solutions that solve today’s problems and prepare them for tomorrow’s challenges. We focus not only on the tactical aspects of providing solutions in today’s IT landscape but also possess the strategic vision to anticipate and react to the inevitable changes that will form the basis of tomorrow’s IT landscape. SHR provides thought leadership which enables organizations to make technology investments that align with their strategic business objectives. We offer our employees a competitive benefit package including health/dental/vision insurance, 401k, ancillary benefits, and personal time-off.
The Director of Emerging Technologies will need to assist SHR Consulting Group in achieving its vision and mission. The right candidate must have the technical aptitude to develop innovative customer focused solutions. And possess the motivation and experience to deliver on corporate goals and lead key focus areas with a commitment to company and client. All applicants are required to be United States citizens with the ability to obtain a clearance.
• Productizing technical automation solutions for rapid deployments to new customers
• Develop and maintain a central code repository for SHR developed solutions
Strategic Technology Management:
• Develop partnerships with emerging and innovative vendors
• Explore solutions in the cloud and analytics industry sectors
Technical Writing and Proposal Management
• Support the development of proposal content for new opportunities
• Develop white papers for internal corporate use and distribution
Vendor Engagement and R&D:
• Develop proof of concept solutions for evaluations and demonstrations
• Serve as the primary POC for all engagements between vendors and contract team members.
• At least 10 years of relevant professional experience, ideally in the following disciplines:
o Solutions Engineering
o Federal business development
o Technical proposal development
o Enterprise third-party sales
• Systems integrator experience required
• Technical skills including the ability to understand
o Product road maps
o Market conditions and factors
o Complex partner requirements
o Federal marketplace
• Strong knowledge of the Networking, Security, Cloud and Automation/DevOps technologies
• Technical experience developing automation scripts for provisioning new customer environments
• Ability to think strategically and translate strategy into execution plans
• Ability to influence and build consensus with people across all levels and functions with a sense of urgency
• Effective communication skills, including significant experience presenting to executives
• Ability to convey a shared vision to build buy-in for an idea or concept
• Must be willing to travel including attendance at all business reviews and ad hoc meetings
• Bachelor’s or Master’s(preferred) degree in an IT Engineering or Computer Science related field
• Industry certifications in cyber security and cloud technologies preferred
SHR Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of any kind. All employment decisions at SHR Consulting Group are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status or any other status protected by the laws and regulations in the location where we operate.