Windows Cloud Engineer
SHR Consulting Group LLC Alexandria, VA
- Expired: May 20, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Title: Windows Cloud Engineer
Job Category: IT
Job Code/ Req#:
Location: Alexandria, Arlington, VA /Telework
Please Note: YOU WILL NEED A TOP SECRET CLEARANCE with an SCI IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION
SHR Consulting Group LLC, headquartered in Springfield, VA. Our IT Professionals help organizations by providing intelligent solutions that solve today’s problems and prepare them for tomorrow’s challenges. We focus not only on the tactical aspects of providing solutions in today’s IT landscape but also possess the strategic vision to anticipate and react to the inevitable changes that will form the basis of tomorrow’s IT landscape. SHR provides thought leadership which enables organizations to make technology investments that align with their strategic business objectives. We offer our employees a competitive benefit package including health/dental/vision insurance, 401k, ancillary benefits, and personal time-off.
Windows Cloud Engineer will be capable of maintaining, upgrading, and overseeing cloud computing strategies: Desired candidate is well versed in Cloud. Looking for a Cloud Windows Engineer to maintain, upgrade, and overseeing our cloud computing strategy. Support cloud application, cloud management including private cloud and hybrid cloud. Able to work alone and group environment is critical. You must have the ability diagnose and resolve problems quickly. You must be able to communicate verbally and in writing with an After-Action Report (AAR) what action must be taken to address the issue. Follow up with the Project Manager (PM), Lead Engineer and teammates is critical to the success of the mission.
- Build and manage Windows systems in VMware and AWS environment
- Manage network servers and technology tools.
- Set up accounts and workstations.
- Monitor system performance and reliability to maintain systems according to requirements.
- Troubleshoot issues and outages.
- Ensure security through access controls, backups, and firewalls.
- Ensure backups are completed and tested.
- Develop expertise to train staff on new technologies
- Proven experience as a Windows System Administrator
- Experience with databases, networks (LAN, WAN) and patch management utilizing WSUS.
- Knowledge of system security (e.g., intrusion detection systems) and data backup/recovery
- Ability to create scripts in PowerShell, Python, or other language.
- Familiarity with various operating systems and platforms
- Resourcefulness and problem-solving aptitude
- Excellent communication skills
- BS/BA in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related discipline; professional certification meeting IAT Level I and II (Security+)
- AWS, Splunk, Ansible, Bitbucket, McAfee ePO, Tenable, Jira, jMeter, ScienceLogic, SQL, Tomcat, Tanium and ICAM
- Citrix experience a plus
- Able to lift 40 Ibs
SHR Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of any kind. All employment decisions at SHR Consulting Group are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status or any other status protected by the laws and regulations in the location where we operate.
SHR Consulting Group LLC
TechnologyView all jobs at SHR Consulting Group LLC