Job Title: Technical Writer/Editor
Job Category: Business Development
SHR Consulting Group LLC, headquartered in Alexandria, VA provides IT solutions that help our federal clients by providing tactical solutions that solve today’s problems as well as strategic vision to anticipate future challenges. Our leadership in multiple IT disciplines has resulted in an enviable record of client satisfaction - and rapid growth. We offer our employees a competitive benefit package including health/dental/vision insurance, 401k, ancillary benefits, and personal time-off.
The next step in our growth is bolstering our in-house proposal development and business development (BD) teams via the hiring of a Technical Writer. We are looking for a writer/editor who can take a story board and create compelling content for a proposal. The ideal candidate will work closely with the technical SMEs, proposal team, and BD team and will be eligible for our very competitive compensation package.
- Researches, outlines, and writes proposal content, working closely with technical SMEs, the proposal management team, and BD team to understand proposal requirements.
- Evaluates current content and improves it for readability and useability in proposals.
- Writes and edits technical documents including white papers, reference manuals, and/or product manuals, etc.
- Writes and edits procedural documentation such as user guides and manuals.
- Meets with, and gathers information from, subject-matter experts and develops, organizes, and writes proposal documentation, procedure manuals, and process documentation based on findings works with the proposal management team to identify documentation repositories, revise and edit, and determine best solutions for data compilation and centralized storage.
- Gathers feedback from technical SMEs, BD team, program managers/members, and proposal management team to improve existing documentation.
- Plans writing processes and sets timelines for completion.
- Researches, creates, and maintains document templates that allow for ease of use of information.
- Develops content and edits documents for maximum readability with consistent voice across all documentation.
- Works with graphic designers to create diagrams, charts, and other visual aids to assist readers in understanding written documentation.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in English or Journalism, or equivalent experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with the ability to translate complex information into simple language.
- Strong proofreading and editing skills.
- Strong Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams) skills.
- Strong time management, organization, and prioritization abilities.
- Demonstrated sense of responsibility and ability to work independently.
- Strong attention to detail and follow up.
- Growth mindset and adaptability to keep up with frequently changing priorities.
- Technical understanding and/or capacity.
- Graphics capability is a plus.
SHR Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of any kind. All employment decisions at SHR Consulting Group are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status or any other status protected by the laws and regulations in the location where we operate.
SHR Consulting GroupAlexandria, VA
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.