Network System Administrator SME
Job Title: Network System Administrator SME
Job Category: IT
Location: Arlington, VA
Clearance: DoD Top Secret
SHR Consulting Group LLC, headquartered in Alexandria, VA. Our IT Professionals help organizations by providing intelligent solutions that solve today's problems and prepare them for tomorrow's challenges. We focus not only on the tactical aspects of providing solutions in today's IT landscape but also possess the strategic vision to anticipate and react to the inevitable changes that will form the basis of tomorrow's IT landscape. SHR provides thought leadership which enables organizations to make technology investments that align with their strategic business objectives. We offer our employees a competitive benefit package including health/dental/vision insurance, 401k, ancillary benefits, and personal time-off.
- The Network System Administrator shall serve as the knowledge expert for the experience installing and configuring Windows operating systems to include servers and workstations.
- They shall have working knowledge of network protocols, IP addressing, and virtual computing concepts. This SME shall also provide assistance with the administration of networking equipment.
- Day-to-day operations and maintenance which include but not limited to: review of audit logs, creating backups of the data files, maintaining network equipment inventory
- Server/Workstation Security and maintenance updates
- Maintain system configuration documentation
- Maintain system process and procedure documentation
- Maintain patch versions and Department of Defense (DoD) Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG) levels on all network Servers, workstations, and laptops
- Provide technical support and implementation for workstations, servers, and virtual terminals
- Provide installation support for network systems applications
- Support as needed DoD Information Assurance Risk Management Framework (DIARMF)
- This position requires an active DOD Top Secret clearance.
- Possess DoD 8570.01-M/DoD 8140 Certification IAW established mandate prior to start of work - IAT Level II required (CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, Security+ CE, SSCP); IAT Level III is desirable (CASP+ CE, CCNP Security, CISA, CISSP (or Associate), GCED, GCIH). Applicants not meeting this requirement will not be considered.
- Bachelor's in Science degree in Computer Engineering, computer information systems, telecommunications, or management information systems, or have 2-3 years of documented experience, relevant to this key position
- United States citizenship or permanent resident
- Working knowledge of network protocols, IP addressing, and virtual computing concepts.
•Active DoD 8140 IAT Level III certification
SHR Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of any kind. All employment decisions at SHR Consulting Group are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status or any other status protected by the laws and regulations in the location where we operate.
SHR Consulting Group LLCAlexandria, VA
Get fresh Network System Administrator SME jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.