- Expired: March 19, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Title: Cloud Engineer
Job Category: IT
WFN Req#: 1138
Job Code/ Req#: 1138
Location: Washington, DC
SHR Consulting Group LLC, headquartered in Springfield, VA. Our IT Professionals help organizations by providing intelligent solutions that solve today’s problems and prepare them for tomorrow’s challenges. We focus not only on the tactical aspects of providing solutions in today’s IT landscape but also possess the strategic vision to anticipate and react to the inevitable changes that will form the basis of tomorrow’s IT landscape. SHR provides thought leadership which enables organizations to make technology investments that align with their strategic business objectives. We offer our employees a competitive benefit package including health/dental/vision insurance, 401k, ancillary benefits, and personal time-off.
Cloud Engineer will support the IT Modernization and cloud engineering efforts for DHS FEMA. Cloud engineers will support the migration of systems from the on-premise data center to commercial cloud computing providers. Engineers will be responsible for establishing a secure cloud computing environment to support emerging technology requirements.
- Provide senior level engineering support for multiple commercial cloud environments
- Enhance the existing hybrid cloud architecture
- Establish a multi-region disaster recovery strategy for the hybrid cloud infrastructure
- Build solutions in accordance with site reliability engineering principles
- Enhance CI/CD capabilities with new tools
- Build and maintain a software factory solution
- Support multiple cloud migration strategies such as:
- Develop using Ansible to automate cloud component configurations
- Develop using Terraform to automate cloud infrastructure requirements
- Develop change and security artifacts following ‘As Code’ principles to include
but not limited to thefollowing:
Compliance as Code – OSCAL
Documentation as Code – Python Sphinx
- Build cyber security insertion solutions to deliver DHS TIC 3.0 compliant cloud architectures
- Build Commercial cloud facing public DMZ solutions.
- Formulates and designs systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical
models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design.
- Build test tools to measure smoke, regression, load, and performance metrics to
ensure code changes are verified before release
- Deploys software to cloud computing infrastructure, and works with system
configuration and deployment automation technologies, working with data engineering tools
- Performs the implementation, operational support, maintenance, and optimization of
network hardware, software, and communication links of the cloud infrastructure.
- Leverages software development and open source solutions to automate tasks
required to enable and manage an organization’s products and/or services.
- Resolves complex problems, creates and improves procedures, and facilitates communication.
- Researches and writes technical documentation that is beneficial to the organization.
- Provides oversight of hosted systems, databases, and network
troubleshooting, and provides various technical solutions to the business.
• •Scripting in various languages such as but not limited to PowerShell, Bash, Python, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Software development skills to support DevSecOps
- Willingness to learn new technologies
- Understanding of microservices, decoupled systems, stateful vs stateless system architecture
- Relevant CI/CD tool chain experience
Secure Software Factory
- Commercial cloud experience in AWS and Azure
- Multi-cloud networking expertise
- Hybrid Cloud computing experience
- Basic understanding of networking principles such as MPLS, BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, IPv4/IPv6
SHR Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of any kind. All employment decisions at SHR Consulting Group are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status or any other status protected by the laws and regulations in the location where we operate.
SHR Consulting Group LLC
TechnologyView all jobs at SHR Consulting Group LLC