SENIOR MECHANICAL ENGINEER/HVAC (Licensed)
SHP Leading Design Cincinnati, OH
- Posted: over a month ago
SHP (www.shp.com) is looking for an energetic, highly motivated Mechanical Engineer/HVAC interested in developing highly efficient and sustainable design solutions in a cooperative architectural environment. This position offers the opportunity to work on projects of varying scales and complexity and influence SHP's vision of becoming a premier sustainable design firm. Building types primarily include Pre-K-12 education, higher education, multifamily housing, civic and commercial facilities.
The principle responsibilities of a Mechanical EngineerHVAC include:
- Working with the Engineering Team to define and communicate sustainable design options for our project teams and clients including non-HVAC opportunities.
- Establishing energy goals for project designs and long term operation. Utilization of life-cycle cost analysis as needed.
- Energy modeling and analyses to optimize overall building design (Carrier HAPS, Trane Trace).
- System types to include 4-pipe heating and cooling, 2-pipe changeover, geothermal systems, ice storage, variable refrigerant flow, chilled beams, steam, etc.
- Must have strong communication and interpersonal skills and have the ability to work in a fast-paced team environment with multiple deadlines.
- Must have the ability to communicate and collaborate with other team members, including other engineers, architects, and interior designers.
- Ability to manage client and consultant relationships
- Ability to oversee production, direct, inspire and mentor more junior staff
- Assisting with field work on facility assessments and energy audits.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Engineering Technology is preferred.
- PE license required (or to be acquired within one year).
- Minimum 10 years of experience directly related to designing HVAC building systems including
- Strong computer skills using Revit and/or BIM is required.
- Previous experience with an architecture or engineering firm would be beneficial.
- Strong preference for candidates residing in the Cincinnati / Northern Kentucky metropolitan region.
SHP is an equal opportunity employer. We provide a competitive salary, performance bonus, and an excellent benefits package. Throughout our 119+ years in business, we've worked really hard to foster a familial culture with a healthy work/life balance.
Please submit resume & cover letter to Therese Ball, HR Director: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
SHP Leading Design
ManufacturingView all jobs at SHP Leading Design