Senior Research and Development Technician
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Systems and Manufacturing, a Division of SHINE Technologies, is immediately seeking a Senior Research and Development Technician who will be responsible for assisting Research and Development Engineers with inventing, developing, and refining the technology inherent to SHINE’s business and products. Additionally, the technician will be responsible for assembling and troubleshooting test systems, running experiments, and collecting data.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Specific duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assemble, modify, and troubleshoot experimental apparatuses
- Carefully perform experiments and accurately report results
- Assist in the evaluation of prototype components and products for SHINE. Assist the mechanical engineering team in productizing these designs
- Assist in the design of new components
- Maintain test area environment
- Technical degree in mechanical and/or electrical systems preferred or equivalent experience education and education
- Extensive experience with machine building, hand tools, and standard mechanical practices
- Extensive experience with electrical systems a plus
- Knowledge of high vacuum systems a plus
- Knowledge of machining desirable
- Knowledge of analysis software/techniques highly desirable.
- Knowledge of CAD drawings is highly desirable
- Ability to carefully perform experiments and record results
- Must have excellent communication and collaborative skill
- Must have good writing skills and a commitment to diligently record results of experiments and other actions
Eligibility for employment is conditioned on the applicant’s ability to qualify for access to information subject to U.S. Export Controls. Additionally, applicant’s eligibility may be conditioned based upon meeting the Nuclear Regulatory Commission requirements for access to Safeguards Information, which typically requires a pre-employment drug screen, fingerprinting and criminal background check.
SHINE values diversity in all its forms as a critical component of innovation, which is fundamental to our success. Every member of the SHINE community benefits from the talents and experiences of our peers, from the mutual respect we exercise, and from the responsibility we take for our actions.
SHINE Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
SHINE TechnologiesWhy Work Here?
Help us turn weapons into life-saving medicines using a groundbreaking new technology!
SHINE Technologies is a nuclear technology company committed to improving the lives of patients around the world. The company is focused initially on the commercialization of medical isotopes. Molybdenum-99 is a diagnostic isotope used to diagnose heart disease, cancer and other diseases. Lutetium-177 is a therapeutic isotope could revolutionize cancer treatment. SHINE’s unique expertise and experience have created isotope production processes that not only will deliver products that help physicians and patients, they will solve critical supply chain problems in the United States, Europe and other global markets. SHINE’s nuclear technology is part of its long-term growth strategy to solve some of humanity’s biggest problems, including the generation of carbon-free energy from nuclear fusion. For more information, please visit our website at https://www.shinetechnologies.com/
5115 Lacy RdFitchburg, WI