SHINE is immediately seeking a Procurement Specialist/Engineer to support the Procurement Department in solicitation of vendor services and equipment, developing and approving procedures for procurement, engineering technical procurement, contract discussions, quality requirements and other functions as needed.
The Procurement Specialist/Engineer position will also support day-to-day activities to support construction and implementation of the Shine production facility.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Specific duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Initiate, coordinate and deliver the procurement of professional services, contractor services and equipment to support Shine activities
- Review and understand the regulatory requirements for specific procurement tasks
- Develop and coordinate approval of clear and concise written procedures in compliance with regulatory requirements (NRC, DOE, etc.)
- Obtain final procurement approvals by following the required procedures
- Assist all departments as instructed by Procurement Manager or designee, including leading cross-functional teams to assure efficient sourcing, selection and receiving of essential products and services
- Work with all divisions of the company to support day to day procurement activities required to complete the production facility and establish commercial operation
- Understand the technical requirements of the Shine project to ensure the procurement documents are complete
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, science or other technical field preferred
- Experience or willingness to learn procurement management (e.g., vendor work, planning, managing contracts, scheduling, cost control, etc.) working in construction, nuclear, or with process equipment.
- Knowledge of the Windows operating system and Microsoft Office products
- Ability to work in a team environment and to take directions as well as think independently
- Industry experience in procurement, engineering, construction or operations of nuclear facilities
Eligibility for employment is conditioned on the applicant’s ability to qualify for access to information subject to U.S. Export Controls regulations. Additionally, applicant’s eligibility may be conditioned based upon meeting the Nuclear Regulatory Commission requirements for access to Safeguards Information, which typically requires a pre-employment drug test, fingerprinting, and a criminal background check.
SHINE values diversity in all its forms as a critical component of innovation, which is fundamental to our success. Every member of the SHINE community benefits from the talents and experiences of our peers, from the mutual respect we exercise, and from the responsibility we take for our actions.
To learn more about the SHINE organization and what makes us different, please connect with our story out on our website. You will find out that SHINE will be turning Nuclear weapons into medicine and many other significant impacts to our world - http://shinemed.com/shine-story/
Position is located in Janesville, WI which is conveniently located 30 minutes from Madison, WI and 1.5 hours from Milwaukee, WI & 2.5 hours from Chicago, IL. Company provides relocation assistance. To learn more about our location, check out the video on the Janesville, Wisconsin area by connecting with the following link: https://player.vimeo.com/video/161628827