SHINE Medical Technologies is immediately seeking/an Experienced Mechanical Engineer to assist in the design of nuclear systems from the ground up as part of a first of a kind nuclear pharmaceutical manufacturing plant.
A good fit for curious and flexible engineers, this position offers the opportunity to perform a wide variety of different engineering activities.
Potential activities include:
- Finite element stress analyses of atmospheric tanks and structures
- Heat transfer hand calculations, including transient conduction and natural convection
- Support of prototyping activities, including design of test rigs
- Mass and energy balances of process systems
- Hydraulic analyses of piping systems and pump sizing
- Calculation of overpressure relieving rates and sizing of relief valves
- Explosion overpressure calculations
- Engineering specifications for process equipment
- Selection of process equipment and instrumentation
- Seismic analyses of process skids
- Pressure vessel design following ASME code
This position will support the design and development of mechanical systems in the primary nuclear engineering group or process systems in the chemical process engineering group.
- Willingness to be involved in the design and implementation of a wide variety of systems.
- Experience in performing calculations.
- Knowledge of equipment such as pumps, heat exchangers, valves and control equipment is highly desired.
- Experience with design-based tools such as Solidworks, AutoCAD or Inventor.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline.
- Two to five years of recent mechanical design engineering experience in highly regulated industries is preferred.
- Experience working with vendors on design of equipment and fabrication is preferred.
- Experience with ASTM/ASME codes is preferred.
Eligibility for employment is conditioned on the applicant’s ability to qualify for access to information subject to U.S. Export Controls regulations. Additionally, applicant’s eligibility may be conditioned based upon meeting the Nuclear Regulatory Commission requirements for access to Safeguards Information, which typically requires a pre-employment drug test, fingerprinting, and a criminal background check.
SHINE values diversity in all its forms as a critical component of innovation, which is fundamental to our success. Every member of the SHINE community benefits from the talents and experiences of our peers, from the mutual respect we exercise, and from the responsibility we take for our actions.
To learn more about the SHINE organization and what makes us different, please connect with our story out on our website. You will find out that SHINE will be turning Nuclear weapons into medicine and many other significant impacts to our world - http://shinemed.com/shine-story/
Position is located in Janesville, WI which is conveniently located 30 minutes from Madison, WI and 1.5 hours from Milwaukee, WI & 2.5 hours from Chicago, IL. Company provides relocation assistance. To learn more about our location, check out the video on the Janesville, Wisconsin area by connecting with the following link: https://player.vimeo.com/video/161628827