SHINE is immediately seeking an Environment, Safety and Health Administrator to serve as the role model for safety, protection of the environment, and preservation of the health of our employees, guests, and neighbors.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Specific duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Demonstrates a deep, personal commitment to safety, preservation of the environment, and the health of our employees, guests and neighbors at all times.
- Develops schedule and budget for ES&H activities.
- Ensures SHINE compliance with OSHA safety regulations and industry standards by overseeing development and implementation of an industrial safety program and associated procedures.
- Oversees development and implementation of environmental compliance plans for programs, such as air quality, storm water, wastewater treatment, hazardous waste management, pollution prevention, and solid waste management.
- Work with Radiation Safety Officer to develop, establish and implement radiation protection department policies, programs, and procedures as required.
- Implement, administer and maintain the facility’s radiation protection programs (e.g., dosimetry, instrumentation, respiratory protection, off-site does, shielding, and ALARA).
- Function as a back-up or alternate RP technician or RP shipping analyst.
- Perform other duties as requested or assigned.
- Bachelors’ degree in Environmental, Health and Safety or a related subject, with at least 5 years of working experience preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of regulatory requirements (OSHA).
- Must be skilled in the use of Microsoft desktop software.
Eligibility for employment is conditioned on the applicant’s ability to qualify for access to information subject to U.S. Export Controls. Additionally, applicant’s eligibility may be conditioned based upon meeting the Nuclear Regulatory Commission requirements for access to Safeguards Information, which typically requires a pre-employment drug screen, fingerprinting and criminal background check.