KBR (formerly SGT) is seeking a Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) Systems Administrator to join its talented team in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. KBR is the primary contractor to the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS) for performing work at the Earth Resources Observation and Science (EROS) Center (http://eros.usgs.gov/) near Sioux Falls, SD.
The Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) Systems Administrator will join our talented TSSC Information Technology Services Division (ITSD) located at the USGS EROS Center. The primary responsibility of this position is to provide tier 2 VDI and desktop support. In addition, this position will provide technical expertise and standard processes to cohesively support the EROS Service Desk team.
Education: Minimum of an AA in Computer Science; BS/BA preferred. Education may be substituted for experience at manager’s discretion
Experience: Minimum of two - five years of directly-related technical, professional experience required
Required VDI Skills: Hands-on experience and competency in:
- VMware Horizon View Development
- VMware App Volumes, ThinApp, and Application Deployment & Management methods
- VMware User Environment Manager
- Persona Management and Non-Persistent Desktop strategies
- Microsoft Windows 10 Integration
- Horizon for Linux experience preferred, but not required
- Gold Image Management
- PowerShell or related scripting
- Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems.
- Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
- Provides advice and training to peers, tier 1 desktop support team, & end-users
- Thin and Zero Client Management
- Thorough knowledge of VDI management and related technologies/processes such as storage, networking, management, monitoring, security, performance, capacity, and availability.
Required Tier 2 Skills:
- Ability to install, update, document, and troubleshoot computer/laptop hardware and software at tier 2 level
- Demonstrated scripting skills using PowerShell and/or Visual Basic.
- Establish standards for desktop systems, both physical and virtual environments
- Excellent customer service skills
- Proficiency with IBM Endpoint Manager (IEM) and Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP)
- Ability to remediate complex technical issues elevated by the tier 1 staff
- Knowledge of ITIL beneficial
The work encompasses, but is not limited to:
- Ensure desktop security, including data integrity, file encryption and related hardware/software is standardized and in compliance with EROS / USGS policies
- Design, test, deploy, and support a standardized desktop and laptop image consisting of the operating systems and all supported applications
- Develop approaches for deploying IT solutions to meet organizational requirements
- Define and document system lifecycles
- Microsoft Office 2013 and Microsoft Office 2016 / Office 365 support expertise
- VCP Desktop
- VCAP - Desktop Administration
- VCAP - Desktop Design
- VCDX – Desktop
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) Certified – within one year of employment
Candidates must have strong technical knowledge, excellent communication skills, and a teamwork emphasis. Candidates must also be able to integrate into a highly-skilled Information Technology Team.
This position will be posted to the career opportunities listing on the KBR website (http://www.sgt-inc.com). This position may be filled by a KBR teammate on the TSSC Contract. Please apply on line.
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/m/f/disabled/veteran.