KBR (formerly SGT) has an immediate need for an energetic and dynamic Project Scheduler to support Task Planning activities on the Technical Support Services contract (TSSC) with USGS/EROS (http://eros.usgs.gov/) near Sioux Falls, South Dakota (http://www.siouxfalls.org). This position is focused on developing, implementing, and maintaining automated integrated program management processes and tools to support scope, schedule, and budget management & analysis for the contract/projects. This position will primarily provide integrated scheduling support to a large-scale satellite ground system development mission and will work under limited supervision.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provides dedicated scheduling development and support to satellite development mission Supports TSSC Task Managers by helping them with scope/schedule/cost control via services provided by the Task Planning & Controls Office (TP&CO)
- Supports the use of enterprise financial and scheduling tools
- May utilize agile tools in support of projects
- Continually seeks opportunities to improve overall effectiveness and value of technical services provided by the TP&CO
- May assist in the development and maintenance of specific TP&CO processes and procedures
- May assist in mentoring less experienced staff
PC Scheduler Role (Primary)
- Create/maintain a task schedule (including deliverable milestones)
- Provide regular schedule status
- Perform schedule analysis, forecasting, and reporting
- Perform critical path analysis
- Perform Performance Measurement Tracking and Analysis at appropriate level for task
- Utilize agile tools to facilitate detailed scheduling (JIRA, Confluence, etc.)
PC Financial Administrator Role (Secondary)
- Creating/maintaining the proper Task Data Structure
- Reporting contract/task deliverables
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification a plus
- BA/BS – 1+ years of related experience
- MS/MBA – 0 years of related experience
- General understanding of project management and financial processing/reporting
- General understanding of schedule management practices, specifically waterfall and agile methodologies
- 1+ year of experience with scheduling software tools (MS Project and/or Primavera preferred)
- 1+ year of experience with Agile environments (JIRA and Confluence preferred)
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills (Word/Excel/Access/PowerPoint)
- Effective oral and written communication
- Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills
- Excellent organizational skills
Candidates must have strong technical knowledge, excellent communication skills, and a teamwork emphasis. Candidates must also be able to integrate into a highly-skilled Information Technology Team.
This position will be posted to the career opportunities listing on the KBR website (http://www.sgt-inc.com). This position may be filled by a KBR teammate on the TSSC Contract. Please apply on line.
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/m/f/disabled/veteran.