Technical Specialist - Restricted Substances Testing Services
- Posted: over a month ago
SGS is the global leader and innovator in inspection, verification, testing and certification services. Founded in 1878, SGS is recognized as the global benchmark in quality and integrity. With over 97,000 employees in 130 countries and operating a network of more than 2,400 offices and laboratories, we provide services to almost every industry by assuring quality and safety of products and services.
Trusted all over the world, SGS is a market leader because we put 100% passion, pride and innovation into everything we do. We encourage new ideas. We welcome people who challenge the way we do things. And we will be 100% committed to helping you reach your full potential.
The individual in this role functions as a regulatory affairs and technical standards project specialist who has business unit level influence and is generally recognized as a subject matter expert within the restricted substances business team. In this function, the individual combines scientific and regulatory knowledge to provide services that enable our clients to develop manufacture and sell products that comply with applicable legislation and standards, be responsible for the development and performance of technical support activities within consumer goods, participates in the planning and implementation of technical programs for business development, and delivers effective and efficient technical support to lab operations and frontline teams (sales, account management and customer service) in line with company's financial objectives, mission, and values.
- Join standard committees and industry associations, seek opportunities to give technical speech to the industry.
- Work with marketing team for business promotion such as technical articles, whitepaper, webinars, and seminars.
- Facilitate communication of new requirements to various departments about new or emerging regulatory requirements and/or technical standards.
- Monitor industry advances in material analysis and instrumentation for implementation in lab when appropriate.
- Conduct regulatory and standards training sessions for all levels of staff to build and impact their technical capabilities in terms of product environmental compliance.
- Conduct regulatory and standards training sessions for external clients.
- Provide hands on training to customer service staff for product assessment to determine applicable regulatory compliance needs.
- Develop technical SOPs incorporating customer requirements and communicating with supporting product documentation to executing teams in operations and customer service departments.
- Align with global lab operations team to support domestic chemistry lab’s method development.
- Support frontline teams (sales, account management, customer service) on client meetings, service proposals and inquiries to win orders.
- Manage special projects by developing appropriate project plan and coordinate necessary activities across multiple labs for execution to meet customer requirements and expectations.
Education and Experience
- University graduate or equivalent educational background in chemistry or regulatory compliance (Required)
- 3 + years of restricted substances/chemicals or environmental compliance technical support experience (Required)
- Extensive knowledge of restricted substances regulations and industry standards relating to a variety of consumer products in the US and EU (Required)
- Experience reviewing technical documents, specifications, and standards (Required)
Licenses and Certifications
- N/A ()
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to establish effective working and team relationships with internal and external customers, work in a collaborative manner ()
- Critical and strategic thinking skills to develop innovative solutions ()
- Capable of building trust, value others and communicate effectively ()
- Customer focused, high integrity, excellent work ethic ()
- Strong communication and organizational skills ()
- Highly motivated, dependable, and detail oriented ()
- Demonstrated ability to acquire new knowledge at a rapid pace ()
- Highly organized to handle fast paced environment ()
- Strong people skills to include cross cultural sensitivities ()
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities ()
- Knowledge of Quality Assurance in Testing, Inspection, Auditing and Certification Industry ()
- International business exposure and understanding of global supply chain for producing consumer products ()
- Strong written and spoken English skills, other languages are an advantage ()
- Hands-on, open-minded, proactive team player ()
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities across departments and operating units through effective resource management. Strong project management skills required. ()
- Proficient in Microsoft Office -- Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook 365 ()
Physical Demands of the Job
- Stand: Occasionally
- Move or traverse: Occasionally
- Sit: Frequently
- Use hands: Occasionally
- Reach with hands and arms: Occasionally
- Climb or balance: None
- Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl: None
- Talk/hear: Frequently
- Taste/Smell: None
- Lift/carry/push or pull: Occasionally 15 lbs
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will receive a call back. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.
TechnologyView all jobs at SGS
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?