Team Leader, Chemistry Laboratory LSS
- Expired: October 11, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
SGS is the global leader and innovator in inspection, verification, testing and certification services. Founded in 1878, SGS is recognized as the global benchmark in quality and integrity. With over 97,000 employees in 130 countries and operating a network of more than 2,400 offices and laboratories, we provide services to almost every industry by assuring quality and safety of products and services.
Trusted all over the world, SGS is a market leader because we put 100% passion, pride and innovation into everything we do. We encourage new ideas. We welcome people who challenge the way we do things. And we will be 100% committed to helping you reach your full potential.
The Team Leader, Chemistry Laboratory LSS serves as a technical resource and leads the team in analytical techniques and analysis of data. Assists Manager or Director of Laboratory to oversee specific operation and daily activities of specific group within department (for example Chromatography Group, Dissolution Group, Elemental Impurities, Physical-Chemical testing etc.). Responsibility may include, but not limited to scheduling of the samples testing and projects, documents writing, training personnel and maintenance of laboratory instruments and equipment.
- Manages a team of the Laboratory Analysts, Laboratory Technicians and Laboratory Assistants.
- Has responsibility of direct reports (in conjunction with the Laboratory Manager interviews and selects final candidates, plans and schedules daily work assignments, completes performance evaluations, performance management and disciplinary actions documents for employees).
- Responsible for the on-time and quality of work produced by the Chemistry Laboratory.
- Ensures the laboratory delivers results as scheduled and as agreed with the client.
- Responsible for compliance with current regulatory practices.
- Serves as a technical expert for the team in study designs, analytical techniques and analysis of data.
- Trains Analysts on techniques and methods of analysis.
- May assist with writing and reviewing protocols and reports, and other projects.
- Develops and validates analytical methods, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and other operating, safety and quality documents as needed.
- Assist with investigations, responds to and follow-up on client inquiries and complaints.
- Provides technical support to Marketing, Sales, Customer Service and clients regarding testing, reporting or technical inquiries.
- Inputs and maintains technical information to support the laboratory functions/operations.
- Completes laboratory tasks and assignments within tight deadlines.
- Manages multiple projects as assigned.
- Maintains Laboratory Notebook where applicable.
- Assists in keeping inventory of laboratory chemicals and equipment necessary for the day to day functioning of the laboratory and in compiling list of supplies to be ordered when needed.
- Adheres to internal standards, policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Makes day-to-day decisions within group
- Has some authority for personnel actions (scheduling work hours, training, and coaching)
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry or a related field
- 7+ years of experience in a chemistry laboratory
- 3+ years of protocol and report writing experience
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company's rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will receive a callback. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.
ScienceView all jobs at SGS
Get fresh Team Leader, Chemistry Laboratory LSS jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.