Seasonal Laboratory Technician
- Posted: over a month ago
SGS is the global leader and innovator in inspection, verification, testing and certification services. Founded in 1878, SGS is recognized as the global benchmark in quality and integrity. With over 97,000 employees in 130 countries and operating a network of more than 2,400 offices and laboratories, we provide services to almost every industry by assuring quality and safety of products and services.
Trusted all over the world, SGS is a market leader because we put 100% passion, pride and innovation into everything we do. We encourage new ideas. We welcome people who challenge the way we do things. And we will be 100% committed to helping you reach your full potential.
The Seasonal Lab Technician will, with adequate training, prepare samples with accuracy and precision in accordance to SGS' SOPs. Work under the direction of a supervisor and as part of a team to meet daily production targets and ensure hold times and turnaround times are met. Always follow safe laboratory practices and maintain a safe working environment.
- After appropriate training independently prepare samples for analysis according to SGS’ analytical SOPs using basic instrumentation specific to the department and analytical methodologies
- Performs routine operation, maintenance, calibration of prep instruments/equipment
- Inputs and maintains technical information as needed to support the laboratory functions/operations.
- Maintains Laboratory Notebook where applicable.
- Adheres to internal standards, policies, and procedures.
- Performs other duties as required.
Education and Experience
- 0-2 years of experience in Analytical Chemistry Laboratories seed or biological laboratory or prior experience working with one’s hands (Required)
- High School Degree preferred but not required (Preferred)
Licenses and Certifications
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Language Skills: English
- Mathematical Skills: High
- Reasoning Skills/Abilities: High
- Computer Skills: High
Physical Demands of the Job
- Stand: Constantly
- Move or traverse: Constantly
- Sit: Frequently
- Use hands: Constantly
- Reach with hands and arms: Constantly
- Climb or balance: None
- Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl: Occasionally
- Talk/hear: Constantly
- Taste/Smell: None
- Lift/carry/push or pull: Occasionally 50 lbs.
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will receive a call back. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
HealthcareView all jobs at SGS
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?