- Posted: over a month ago
SGS is the global leader and innovator in inspection, verification, testing and certification services. Founded in 1878, SGS is recognized as the global benchmark in quality and integrity. With over 97,000 employees in 130 countries and operating a network of more than 2,400 offices and laboratories, we provide services to almost every industry by assuring quality and safety of products and services.
Trusted all over the world, SGS is a market leader because we put 100% passion, pride and innovation into everything we do. We encourage new ideas. We welcome people who challenge the way we do things. And we will be 100% committed to helping you reach your full potential.
As the Project Engineer, you will be responsible for daily test related activities pertaining to hydraulic, environmental, electro-dynamic, pneumatic, and burner-based testing. You will act as a liaison between the customer and the laboratory to ensure test specifications are completed properly and in a timely manner. The Project Engineer will work closely with the customers, as well as sales and operation teams, to fully understand testing needs and be responsible for all aspects of testing activities, including, but not limited to:
- Develop accurate quotation with sales team. Support team with technical detail to help understand project scope.
- Work with fabrication team to develop necessary fixtures to support tests.
- Become competent in testing systems using hydraulic, pneumatic, electro-dynamic, burner and environmental systems.
- Lead test planning, execution, data analysis and report delivery (required to work closely with operations/technicians).
- Clearly communicate with operations/technicians the project requirements and timing.
- Support the test cell automation testing including calibration, data acquisition and equipment programming.
- Directly interact with customers to provide best-in-class service.
- Accountable for meeting test and development project objectives.
- Works with the test operations team to diagnose and resolve problems with test equipment in timely manner.
- Oversee job management database to verify completed tests are invoiced correctly. Target revenue of $100k/month.
- Work with operations to develop and improve test procedures.
- Support the quality team and follow the Quality Management System (QMS). Identify potential quality issues and risk factors.
- Ensure best engineering practices are followed.
- Seek opportunities to improve the safety of the laboratories and processes.
- Identifies actual or potential deficiencies and areas for improvement in accuracy, reliability, durability, and/or responsiveness.
- Represents the company at meetings with customers and suppliers.
- Performs other duties as directed.
- At all times, comply with SGS Code of Integrity and Professional Conduct.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering required, preferably BSME, BSEE, BSIE or equivalent (Technical degrees acceptable).
- Hands on engineer, enjoys getting equipment operational.
- Strong and sound technical ability, particularly related to hardware testing.
- Must be able to communicate well with customers (sometimes demanding) on a technical and personal level.
- Experience in using hydraulic, pneumatic, electro-dynamic, burner and environmental systems is a plus.
- Specific knowledge of relevant ISO requirements is a plus.
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will receive a callback. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.
TechnologyView all jobs at SGS