Fuel Market Research Analyst
- Posted: August 13, 2022
SGS is the world's leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 89,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.
SGS is the world's leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 89,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,400 offices and laboratories around the world.
SGS Germany and SGS Market Intelligence are looking for a highly motivated person to join a global team of researchers and analysts on energy and fuels in the transportation sector and related topics. The team provides regulatory and technical expert reports and bespoke consultations to leading companies from the energy, fuels and transportation sector.
- The candidate should understand the regulatory landscape as well as technical requirements for fuels and vehicles policy and market developments in the transportation sector, in particular gasoline, diesel, biofuels, gaseous fuels and other alternative fuels.
- Understanding of vehicle emissions standards and related policies (environment, air quality and climate change) will be considered a plus.
- The position will be responsible for research, analysis and reporting on policy, market and industry developments on the aforementioned topics in the United States and Canada.
- The research and analytical work will be mainly conducted in cooperation with other team members as part of larger projects. In some cases, the work will be undertaken as a stand-alone project, hence own initiative and project-management skills are required from the candidate.
- Monitor and perform focused research, analyze and report on policy and market developments in the energy and transportation sectors (conventional fuels, hydrogen, power-to-liquid, renewable electricity, sustainable aviation fuels, alternative marine fuels, biobased-fuels, alternative fuels vehicles)
- Update and maintain, as necessary, the SGS databases with global fuel quality requirements and actual market fuel quality
- Update and maintain, as necessary, the SGS databases with biofuel feedstock and sustainability criteria requirements
- Take a lead over research projects and contributing to the team's projects
- Respond to client requests concerning fuel quality, evolution and contamination
- Cooperate with the Business Development Manager in developing business strategy in the region
- Other tasks as required by the supervisor.
- Network and maintain good relations with policy makers, major industry lobby groups and industry stakeholders with respect to the development of industry standards, regulations and guidance to industry on transport fuels and emissions
- Prepare presentations and communication with stakeholders regarding the results of research and analytical work using various communication tools including conference participation, workshops, webinars, online presentations, etc.
- Ability to analyze large datasets
Location for the position: remote work within the United States
Full-time position (40 hours per week).
- An engineering degree (chemical, environmental, civil) or education in law, public affairs, economy combined with professional experience.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience working in relevant positions in the transportation sector, environment or energy industry, international consultancy, government, research institute, etc.
- Expert knowledge on subject matter is essential. The possession of sufficient technical, economic and legislative experience to be able to both research and report on transport fuel development is required. It may be a combination of both experience and education. For example, an educational background in chemistry and work experience and legislative and economic analysis. Ability or willingness to understand the chemical composition of fuels and compare it with legislated quality requirements.
- Minimum 5 years on relevant positions in the international consultancy, energy, fuel, vehicle industry, research institute, etc.
- Excellent knowledge of English.
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company's rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will receive a call back. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.
AddressDeer Park, TX
BusinessView all jobs at SGS