SGS is the global leader and innovator in inspection, verification, testing and certification services. Founded in 1878, SGS is recognized as the global benchmark in quality and integrity. With over 97,000 employees in 130 countries and operating a network of more than 2,400 offices and laboratories, we provide services to almost every industry by assuring quality and safety of products and services.
Trusted all over the world, SGS is a market leader because we put 100% passion, pride and innovation into everything we do. We encourage new ideas. We welcome people who challenge the way we do things. And we will be 100% committed to helping you reach your full potential.Job Description
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Conduct first level review of documents related to opening projects;
- Preparation of project information and documentation in SGS software systems,order entry and invoicing of clients both internal and external;
- Act as a liaison between Operations and the customer to ensure customer satisfaction and delivery of services;
- Checking and responding to customer’s email;
- Assist with certification tasks as required;
- Meet all Key Performance Indicators;
- Assist Lab staff in preparing Project Folders;
- Issue electronic and hard copy deliverables to internal and external clients;
- Assist with managing projects through SGS internal software systems and with financial revenue reporting;
- Prepare productivity and performance reports for management as needed;
- Keep management appropriately informed of ongoing activity and critical matters affecting the operation and well-being of the department and customer relationships;
- Demonstrate a spirit of teamwork, offering positive and constructive ideas, encouragement and support to other members of the staff and team, while upholding the company’s core values;
- Support and meet assigned key performance indicators (KPIs) as defined by management;
- Other duties assigned by management as necessary in response to business needs.
- Adheres to internal standards, policies, and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associates degree, or High school graduate plus experience
- 3+ years of experience in coordinating and scheduling
- Ability to establish effective working and team relationships with internal and external staff in a collaborative manner.
- Creative thinking skills to develop innovative solutions to solve customer requirements and expectations.
- Knowledge of SGS CTS’ services, products, and other global SGS business lines
- Ability to delegate authority and responsibility with accountability and follow-up.
- Sets examples for staff in areas of personal character, commitment, and work ethics.
- Ability to interact with Management internally and externally.
- High level of integrity and a commercial sense of social and environmental issues.
- Capable of building trust, value others, and communicate effectively.
- Self-managed and responsible for project and time management.
- Highly motivated, dependable, and detail-oriented.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Well organized, efficient with proven follow-through skills
- Proven problem prevention and solving abilities
- Understanding of financial programs and reporting systems
- International business exposure in imported consumer products a plus
- Strong written and spoken communications skills
- Persuasive, diplomatic, but always to the point and a strong ability to sell a concept
- Hands-on, open-minded, proactive team player
- Computer literacy: Proficient in Microsoft suite (Word, Excel, Access, Power Point, and Outlook).
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will receive a callback. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.