Senior Software Developer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The role - Hybrid (work in office 1 day per week)
Under general direction, the Senior Software Developer prepares and communicates detailed design specifications including database design schema, application structure and user interface layouts. Develops and creates efficient and effective solutions that meet user requirements. Designs, codes, tests and debugs programs which are in compliance with departmental programming standards and best practices. Participates in team-oriented development environment by keeping co-workers apprised on project status and collaborating to produce timely and high quality solutions.
What You Will Be Doing
- Prepares and communicates detailed design specifications, including database design schema, application structure, and user interface layouts. Interviews customers and studies appropriate reference materials. Makes use of prototypes and storyboarding to demonstrate more complex designs.
- Develops solutions that meet user requirements while being easy to use. Creates solutions that are efficient and effective.
- Architects, codes, tests and debugs programs which are efficient, adequately documented, and in compliance with pertinent Information Services programming standards and guidelines. Produces timely work and of high quality.
- Participates in team-oriented development environment. Keeps co-workers updated on project status that they are dependent upon. Works with other co-workers to produce timely high-quality solutions.
- Prepares and communicates plans to implement new applications in live system environment, in coordination with customers.
- Provides training to customers in coordination with technical specialists from the Business Services team. Works with the Communications team to provide documentation for the Intranet where appropriate.
- Collaborates with customers to develop and justify new project requests.
- Communicates effectively with the Software Development Leader on project status and new work assignments and maintains appropriate interactions with persons both within the organization and externally.
- Works with and mentors team members within areas of expertise.
What We'll Love About You
- Computer science-related Bachelor’s degree; or an Associate’s degree in an IT/IS field, along with two years of industry experience is acceptable.
- Four plus years of professional software development experience.
- Two plus years of experience in one of the development tools SFM utilizes including C#.NET, MS Visual Studio (TFS) and Oracle PL/SQL.
- Experience with shell scripting, and Postscript a plus.
- Experience with Linux scripting or Windows services preferred.
- Solid knowledge of structure programming and object orientated development methodologies.
- Creative problem solving skills and the ability to translate business needs into software requirements.
- Strong desire to work directly with internal customers.
- Strong time management skills and the ability to adapt to change and meet established timelines.
- Strong desire to work directly with customers and ability to deliver superior customer service.
3500 American Blvd W #700Minneapolis, MN
Get fresh Hybrid Developer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.