The driver will operate gasoline or diesel-powered waste haul vehicles in short to intermediate distance hauls to the landfill. CDL Required. The wage for this job is $18 – 19 commensurate with experience.
The candidate will drive tandem trucks from a mill setting to a landfill Driver will transport and deliver containers of bulk waste material such as general waste/trash, recycle material, ash and lime sludge. Drivers will operate on public highways requiring regulations to be met in accordance with all Federal/State DOT regulations. The driver shall apply basic skills in maneuvering vehicle along facility travel paths such as narrow roadways, off road settings and uneven terrain. Unloading the truck-containers, proper load placement during dumping of material. Safe pickup, transport and dumping of material in designated areas.
· CDL license
· Inspect truck(s) and equipment daily and listing components for repair, both before and after trips.
· Submit daily reports indicating truck and trailer are in good working order.
· Report any action items
· Safely operate the equipment
· Read, understand and comply with safety procedures, directions and applicable information for the particular load and its destination.
· Cleaning the rear bumper and fender section clear of material using shovels or scrapers.
· Communicate with plant personnel, other drivers and equipment operators by radio and other audible sounds
· Possess a valid CDL driver’s license.
· Ability to perform manual labor
- Knowledge of the use of tools and equipment in servicing equipment.
- Ability to carry out written and oral instructions.
Please provide three professional references for the previous five years of employment.
Starting Wage commensurate with experience. – Includes Benefit Package Retirement – 401K, Paid Time Off, Holidays and Medical Insurance.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo a criminal background check, drug test and physical examination.
SFC Contract Services reserves the right to modify this job description based on business needs.
SFC Contract Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer, building a strong dedicated diverse workforce.