SFC Contract Services is looking for a CDL A or B On-Road Dump Truck and or Hook Truck Driver for our Savannah, GA facility. The driver will operate gasoline or diesel-powered haul vehicles in short to intermediate distance hauls in a mill setting to a landfill. This wage for this role is $17 -19 per hour.
The driver will transport and deliver bulk material with a dump truck and/or operate a hook truck to transport mill waste to the landfill. Driver will operate equipment inside a facility setting. The driver shall apply basic skills in maneuvering vehicle along facility travel paths such as narrow roadways, off road settings and uneven terrain. Unloading the truck, proper load placement during dumping of material. Safe pickup, transport and dumping of material in designated areas.
This job will require manual labor in a construction environment when not operating dump truck. This job will require a flexible schedule with overtime.
· Inspect truck(s) and equipment daily and listing components for repair, both before and after trips.
· Submit daily reports indicating truck and trailer are in good working order.
· Report any action items
· Safely operate the equipment
· Strong computer skills (proficient in spreadsheets, written communication)
· Read, understand and comply with safety procedures, directions and applicable information for the particular load and its destination.
· Cleaning the rear bumper and fender section clear of material using shovels or scrapers.
· Communicate with plant personnel, other drivers and equipment operators by radio and other audible sounds
· Possess a valid CDL A or B driver’s license. Be able to run parts and be covered by insurance.
· Ability to perform manual labor
- Knowledge of the use of tools and equipment in servicing equipment.
- Ability to carry out written and oral instructions.
Please provide three professional references for the previous five years of employment.
Starting Wage commensurate with experience. – Includes Benefit Package Retirement – 401K, Paid Time Off, Holidays and Medical Insurance.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo a criminal background check, drug test and physical examination.
SFC Contract Services reserves the right to modify this job description based on business needs.
SFC Contract Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer, building a strong dedicated diverse workforce.