PC/WC/LC Account Manager
- Expired: January 21, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Title: PC/WC/LC Account Manager
Reports To: PC/WC Sales Manager
Location: Upper Peninsula, Michigan
Department: Sales and Marketing
The primary responsibility for the position of Property/Casualty & Workers' Compensation & Loss Control (PC/WC/LC) Account Manager (AM) is to retain members, educate district staff and provide exceptional customer service in the Upper Peninsula. This position provides direct support to all activities relating to retention and ensures long-term success between SET SEG and its members. The AM acts as the main liaison for all Property/Casualty, Workers Compensation, and/or Loss Control related matters between SET SEG and current members.
WHO WE ARE
School Employers Trust (SET) is a non-profit company that was created after a monumental shift in school funding happened in 1965. SET, which began in 1971, served as an employee benefits association focused on offering comprehensive and affordable employee benefit solutions to Michigan public schools and their employees. Two years later, its partner organization School Employers Group (SEG) was formed to administer compensation and fringe benefits for SET. As schools were faced with more challenges related to insurance, SEG evolved and grew into a company that provides workers compensation and property/casualty services for Michigan public schools.
Today, SET SEG continues to expand and find creative ways to meet the specialized needs of its members. This, coupled with a superior member experience, is why SET SEG has maintained its position as an industry leader in the school insurance market.
We value those who proactively solve challenges, simplify the complex, thrive in a fast-paced setting, have a customer-first mentality, and seek a collaborative and inclusive work environment. We are also listed on the Business Insurance Best Places to Work. We offer 100% employer paid insurance (medical, dental, and vision), Paid Time off (PTO), and paid parental leave.
Our passion is delivering peace of mind to Michigan public schools and we look for team members who are motivated by our cause. To learn more, visit: https://setseg.org.
WHO YOU ARE
You are energized by working with a collaborative team and industry peers to support Michigan public schools through their challenges. You seek understanding and are motivated to tackle projects and problems with the customer in mind. You anticipate needs and preempt challenges and concerns, delivering increasingly relevant customer experiences over time. You value a culture that is rooted in mutual respect, where you can learn from different perspectives and roles.
You are a detail-oriented individual who excels in customer service. You have two or more years of experience in the sales and marketing field, and must be able to attain and maintain applicable licenses. You have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to develop positive relationships with school personnel.
- Responsible for and leads all retention efforts.
- Serves as the primary customer service contact for members.
- Identifies at-risk accounts and coordinates additional support.
- Conducts hazard assessments and playground inspections throughout assigned territory.
- Establishes strong long-lasting relationships between decision-makers/school personnel and SET SEG.
- Provides regular status updates to the PC/WC Sales Manager on retention efforts, at-risk accounts, lost business, and other pertinent field intel.
- Works collaboratively with the Education Relations Strategist.
- Proactively engages in development of knowledge, skills, and abilities that aid personal and professional growth and compliment improved job performance.
- Completes 30 CE credits every two years as per the requirements of Michigan Insurance Law.
- Completes and maintains Certified Playground Safety Inspector designation.
- Maintains expense accounts within SET SEG guidelines and submits for approval on a timely basis.
- Bachelors Degree in sales, marketing or related field or equivalent
- Two plus years experience in sales and/or marketing
- Superior verbal and written communication skills and the ability to negotiate and problem-solve
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships with decision-makers and school personnel
- Must maintain applicable licenses (insurance and playground)
- Demonstrated ability to formally and informally present in front of small and large groups
- Possess and maintain a safe driving record
- Five years of sales or marketing experience in the insurance industry
Physical Demands / Work Environment
Several hours per day at a sit/stand desk or driving throughout the state up to 8 hours at a time, average mobility to move around an office environment; able to spend several hours per day at a computer; travel to various locations throughout Michigan. Punctual, regular, and consistent attendance is required.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
AddressPeninsula Township, MI
BusinessView all jobs at SET SEG