Airport Wildlife Biologist
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
SES Group of Companies (SES) is growing! We are seeking a talented Airport Wildlife Biologist to support our environmental team. This key role will be to provide natural resource environmental consulting services to aviation, defense, federal, state, and private sector clients. This position is full-time with the opportunity to work remotely, apply today!Compensation:
- Assists with the planning, developing, and implementing of wildlife management programs for civilian and military airfields
- Monitors wildlife behavior and abundance posed by various species of wildlife on airports and surrounding properties
- Collect, summarize, analyze, and present ecological data on wildlife hazards to airport staff and appropriate regulatory agencies
- Conducts wildlife damage investigation activities
- Monitors and ensures compliance with federal, state, and local regulations for airports; assists airports with compliance with these regulations
- Establishes and maintains cooperative relationships with other agencies, organizations, institutions, industry groups, and individuals in meeting wildlife program needs and goals
- Conducts wildlife management training for aviation personnel (civilian and military)
- Conduct species-specific surveys for protected wildlife, plants, and nesting birds
- Assists with a variety of environmental planning activities such as developing Bird/wildlife Aircraft Strike Hazard Plans, Wildlife Hazard Management Plans, Wildlife Hazard Assessments, National Environmental Policy Act documents, Integrated Natural Resources Management Plans, and permit applications
- Takes photographs and detailed field notes
- 1-3 years of specialized experience working with wildlife hazard management
- Comfortable with public speaking
- Proficient in utilizing computers and software (MS Office – Word, Excel)
- Bachelor’s degree in biological sciences, with wildlife subjects including mammalogy, ornithology, animal ecology, wildlife management, zoology, and/or research courses in the field of wildlife biology
- Experience in using GPS and GIS technologies
- Experience operating utility task vehicles and/or boats with outboard motors
- Ability to meet and maintain the requirements for Qualified Airport Wildlife Biologist (QAWB) outlined in FAA Advisory Circular 150/5200-36B Section 7.3 (1-4)
- Ability to accurately identify North American birds and assess their abundance, behavior, and habitats
- Knowledge of the Migratory Bird Treaty Act, Endangered Species Act, National Environmental Policy Act, and Federal Aviation Administration regulations and have experience interpreting/applying those policies, regulations, and laws
- Willingness to travel; this position requires 50-60% travel (mostly domestic, but possibly international)
- Occasional flexible schedule, working odd hours – early mornings and late evenings – or occasional weekend travel days
- Valid U.S. driver’s license
- Ability to pass a government background check
- Occasional, moderately strenuous physical exertion in adverse weather conditions, noisy environments, and/or extensive vehicle travel
SES Group of Companies LLC LEADS the way to a sustainable future for all stakeholders via our leadership (L), excellence (E), accountability (A), dedication (D), and safety (S). Our vision is to be industry leaders for energy, environmental, and infrastructure solutions through sustainable growth, commitment to excellent performance, and continuous innovation. At the heart of our core values, vision, and mission are our people.
We offer a great benefits package complete with medical, dental, vision, and FSA; 401K matching; profit sharing; and paid time off (PTO). We want you to want to come to work.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to any protected category. We are also an advocate of preferential hiring and professional development of qualified Bristol Bay Native Corporation shareholders, their spouses and descendants, and Alaska Natives in accordance with Public Law 93-638.
SES Group of Companies LLC
Get fresh Wildlife Biologist jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.