ServingIntel, a leading information technology solution provider for the hospitality industry, is seeking an experienced Business Development Manager for our Hospitality Division, to develop, deliver and execute strategic sales plans to achieve maximum market penetration and growth based on company goals.
The Business Development Manager (BDM) will promote and sell the Company's products and services using marketplace initiatives, local/regional forecasting for short and long-range sales growth objectives for business expansion in a competitive and complex area. We provide a competitive compensation package with UNLIMITED EARNING POTENTIAL, financial rewards for performance in conjunction with continual growth for advancement personally and professionally. At ServingIntel, we are called to serve our partners and team members, to exceed their expectations, and to be their hero by enhancing our passion to our culture of integrity, servanthood, and respect.
- Develop sales and strategic business plans to drive revenue and increase market share.
- Achieve planned revenues, margin and related objectives for the territory.
- Manage the sales process which includes business analysis meetings, revenue management, proposal tools, sales training, and mentorship.
- Maintain key customer relationships and develop and implement strategies for expanding the company’s customer base.
- Leverage partner insights to identify business opportunities and strategies.
- Lead and assist with complex sales presentations, proposals and negotiations.
- Create and conduct proposal presentations and RFP responses.
- Align sales objectives with the company’s business strategy through active participation in strategic/tactical planning, sales strategy development, sales forecasting, and KPI goals.
- Prospect customers on the phone, in person, and at trade shows
- Work with a sales coordinator to research, nurture and schedule lead appointments.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
CORE COMPETENCIES & ATTRIBUTES:
- Previous sales role for national accounts like US Foods, Sysco, Greco Foods, Performance, Nash Finch, Reyes Holding, Reinhart Food Service, etc.
- Proven record of successful sales experience in Hospitality and/or the Foodservice industry.
- Experience managing and/or selling to a restaurant is a plus.
- Strong interpersonal, analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Hands-on leader who will help from RFP or early lead to strategizing the business impact and value to close.
- Represent ServingIntel in all interactions with distinction through integrity and accountability.
- Proven ability to supervise, motivate, coach, develop and train a sales team.
- Demonstrated mastery of skills in the areas of consultative selling, marketing principles, prospecting, networking, and negotiations.
- Proven record of developing/improving sales infrastructure and processes.
- Remain current on industry trends, market activities and competencies.
- Ability to plan and manage at both the strategic and tactical levels.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with senior-level and executive management with emphasizes on collaborative decision making and a high degree of coordination between functions.
- Strong leadership, organization and communication skills.
- Ability to think creatively to solve complex problems.
- College degree preferred but not necessary.
- Experience in hospitality management or related discipline a plus.
- Exhibit personal attributes that include being self-directed, high energy, and high accountability while maintaining a positive attitude, and serving orientation.
- 4+ years of experience in consultative sales.
- 4+ years of experience in sales management.
- Exceptional track record of developing and implementing sales strategies that have consistently met or exceeded planned objectives.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications – specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Experience with CRM systems (ConnectWise experience is a bonus).
- Ability to travel - a maximum of up to 25%.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with ServingIntel however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.