SERRATO CORPORATION Batesville, MS
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Non-Exempt - Full Time
Primary Position Objectives
Responsible for developing, conducting, and supervising/chaperoning a wide variety of leisure-time activities for all students. Shifts will vary, must be available evenings and weekends.
Brief Description of Duties
- Assists with work involved in planning, organizing, and carrying out department’s total recreational services.
- Explains and demonstrates the uses of supplies and equipment, and the techniques and procedures used in the activity sessions.
- Exercises professional judgement and responsibility in the conduct of the specialty activities.
- Administers a well-rounded program of diversified activities in the assigned recreation component.
- Submits all supply needs, giving suggested source of supply to supervisor.
- Keeps a daily record of attendance in the assigned recreational activities, arts and crafts, movie, weight room, intramurals, etc.
- Maintains discipline, cleanliness and inventory control in assigned areas.
- Posts schedules of monthly activities and special events.
- Submits a schedule of special activities for the upcoming month to supervisor on the last Wednesday of each month.
- Submits list of monthly off-Center cultural activities and other events, which will be placed on the upcoming month’s calendar of off-Center trips.
- Maintains a stocked first aid kit in assigned area where it is clearly visible and accessible.
- Maintains recreational equipment.
- Assists in recruitment of volunteers and supervises and gives direction to any volunteer personnel assigned to the recreation area.
- Projects a positive self-image and encourages enthusiastic participation in recreation programs.
- Chaperones and directs off-Center trips and ensures necessary funds are available for the trips.
- Submits time sheets and other reports timely and according to Center policy.
- Assists with and trains student leaders according to Center policy.
- Follows CDSS plan and Code of Conduct system daily.
- Complies with all DOL guidelines, OFCCP regulation, Quality Assurance Plan (QAP) Serrato policies and procedures, Job Corps notices and bulletins, and Center policies and procedures.
- Adheres to required property control policies and procedures.
- Maintains good housekeeping in all areas and complies with safety practices.
- Demonstrates and abides by Serrato Corporation’s core values and operating principles.
- Models, mentors, monitors appropriate Career Success Standards.
- Helps students become more employable through continuous reinforcement.
- Participates in PRH mandated staff training. Failure to participate may result in disciplinary action up to and including termination.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Presents information both clearly and concisely and regularly confirms correct interpretation of information.
- Very high standard of communication skills both written and verbal for the presentation of facts and ideas.
- Shows professional non-verbal body language and actively listens to others.
Organization of Work
- Action oriented. Demonstrates the ability to handle several projects simultaneously with decision making, flexibility, and problem solving.
- Implements the key principles of time management, task allocation and priority assignment in addition to personal organization.
- Shows attention to detail and ability to complete work with the highest level of accuracy and efficiency.
- Continually seek ways to improve employment service provided via development of professional skills and personal growth.
- Demonstrates professional interpersonal skills when interacting with others. Abides by Serrato Corporation’s Healthy Workplace Environment policy.
- Acts as team player and builds professional relationships with coworkers to achieve goals.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications including Word, Power Point, Outlook, and Excel.
- Computer literacy with basic computer functions, email, internet, ans basic programs such as Adobe Acrobat.
- High level of communication, interpersonal skills, and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of recreation activities, games, sports, arts and crafts etc....
Minimum of one to two years related experience and/or training. One-year related experience working with youth and young adults.
Associate of Arts Degree, preferably in a related field.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Valid State Driver’s License; valid Commercial Driver’s License Class B CDL with passenger endorsements.
- Lifeguard certificate preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit; to use hands and finger to handle or feel; to taste and to smell. The employee must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision capabilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and peripheral vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions. The noise level can vary from moderate to loud.
- Paid Short Term / Long Term Disability and basic life insurance.
- Health care insurance available (medical, dental, vision, critical illness, accident, HSA, and FSA)
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- 401K & 401K Matching
- Tutiton Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Counseling Service Program
- Serrato Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Serrato Corporation conducts background checks and drug screens.
Sports and RecreationView all jobs at SERRATO CORPORATION