- Posted: December 02, 2021
Career Development Director
Non-Exempt - Full Time
Primary Position Objectives
Performs a variety of clerical and administrative duties to the Career Development Director.
Brief Description of Duties
- Receive telephone calls and visitors; handle routine matters personally and route non-routine business to proper staff for consideration.
- Produces information by transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying, and transmitting text, data, and graphics.
- Maintain calendar and schedule appointments.
- Attends meetings and prepares and distributes minutes of these meetings.
- Act as liaison between manager or supervisor and other center staff.
- Maintain correspondence control log, receive incoming and outgoing mail and follow-up on dates for action items.
- Arranges meetings and appointments and keeps the Career Training Director advised of scheduled appointments and commitments.
- Perform a variety of clerical and administrative duties; preparation of special reports, maintain files and records, statistical data, and make travel arrangements, as required.
- Type correspondence and other materials, maintain and update residential schedules.
- Maintain the student incentive system and performance evaluation scheduling system including preparation of reports, as assigned.
- Schedule students into academic and vocational classes within compliance of the PRH.
- Works towards meeting performance standard goals.
- Follows CDSS plan and Code of Conduct system daily.
- Adheres to required property control policies and procedures.
- Maintains good housekeeping in all areas and complies with safety practices.
- Complies with all DOL guidelines, OFCCP regulation, Quality Assurance Plan (QAP), Serrato policies and procedures, Job Corps notices and bulletins, and Center policies and procedures.
- Maintain accountability of students and property; adhere to safety practices.
- Maintain inventory of classroom supplies.
- Maintain substitute list; schedule substitutes, as needed.
- Helps students become more employable through continuous reinforcement.
- Demonstrates and abides by Serrato Corporations core values and operating principles.
- Models, mentors, monitors appropriate Career Success Standards.
- Participates in PRH mandated staff training. Failure to participate may result in disciplinary action up to and including termination.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Presents information both clearly and concisely and regularly confirms correct interpretation of information.
- Very high standard of communication skills both written and verbal for the presentation of facts and ideas.
- Shows professional non-verbal body language and actively listens to others.
Organization of Work
- Action oriented. Demonstrates the ability to handle several projects simultaneously with decision making, flexibility, and problem solving.
- Implements the key principles of time management, task allocation and priority assignment in addition to personal organization.
- Shows attention to detail and ability to complete work with the highest level of accuracy and efficiency.
- Continually seek ways to improve employment service provided via development of professional skills and personal growth.
- Demonstrates professional interpersonal skills when interacting with others. Abides by Serrato Corporations Healthy Workplace Environment policy.
- Acts as team player and builds professional relationships with coworkers to achieve goals.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications including Word, Power Point, Outlook, and Excel.
- Computer literacy with basic computer functions, email, internet, and basic programs such as Adobe Acrobat.
- Extensive knowledge of standard office practices and procedures. Skill in operation of variety of office machines.
- High level of communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work in fast paced deadline-oriented situation
One-year secretarial experience required.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required. Associates in Business Degree preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Valid State Drivers License.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, and walk; to reach with hands, arms, talk, and listen. The employee is occasionally required to sit; to use hands and fingers to handle or feel; to taste and to smell. The employee must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision capabilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and peripheral vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions. The noise level can vary from moderate to loud.
- Paid Short Term / Long Term Disability and basic life insurance.
- Health care insurance available (medical, dental, vision, critical illness, accident, HSA, and FSA)
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- 401K & 401K Matching
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Counseling Service Program
- Serrato Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Serrato Corporation conducts background checks and drug screens.
AddressLittle Rock, AR
BusinessView all jobs at SERRATO CORPORATION