Data Entry Clerk (CHOICES/SNAP)
- Posted: 18 days ago
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Understand the Management Information Systems (MIS) used in:
- job matching,
- eligibility verification,
- developing employment plans,
- tracking customer activities and progress toward goals
- monitoring data entry and performance.
- Conduct center orientations to customers
- Understand recruitment requirements of all funding streams
- Understand data entry requirements of all funding streams
- Understand customer requirements of all funding streams
- Conduct recruitment (outreach) of customers through use of the MIS:
- TANF Recipients â€“ Monitor benefits issuance dates through TWIST reports to outreach/recruit customers who have not attended an orientation session.
- Food Stamp Recipients â€“ outreach [d1] customers (ABAWDS and General Population with mandatory work requirements) in TWIST.
- Targeted groups â€“ may recruit a targeted group of customers for job search services from lists of customers who have, for example, completed training and are not employed.
6. Verification of eligibility and employment
- Verify continuing eligibility at the beginning of each month for customers receiving TANF/Food Stamps
7. Data enter the following actions in accordance with funding stream requirements. The applicable funding streams are noted in parenthesis):
- Enter work applications in WorkInTexas.com
- Create new customer (Program Detail) records in TWIST
- Enter customer attendance at orientations and/or customerâ€™s responsibility to recruitment in TWIST (TANF, Food Stamp, RIO)
- Enter employment plans using information from the work application, addendum, and Family Employment Plan
- Request penalties for TANF recipients who:
- Do not respond to outreach letters (receiving TANF, never attended orientation)
- Do not respond to non-compliance letters (came to orientation/not participating) and do not have a good cause reason as determined by PSR
- Enter participation hours for TANF recipientâ€™s weekly
- Create a TWIST record and track the expanded services provided by Employment Counselors for TANF Applicants, TANF Recipients, and FSE&T recipients
- Track CHOICES Plus customers; maintain monthly contact documented in TWIST counseling notes.
Timely and Reasonable attempt o contact
- Make efforts to contact customers who did not attend mandatory appointments for customers who do not comply with funding requirements
Continue financial aid for childcare (expiration updates) for customers who meet requirements
- Review MIS reports to monitor the need for actions described below:
- Selective Service Report â€“ used to monitor selective service reporting requirements. Look up Selective Service numbers for customers at the selective service website and data enter the number in the customerâ€™s TWIST record. Notifies PSR to contact customers when no Selective Service Number is found. Data Entry Clerk will contact customers and request they register for Selective Service. (Selective Service registration is required for customers receiving expanded services funded with WIA funds.)
- Non-Compliance TANF â€“ Review and take action on customer records that do not have any activity recorded for more than one month.
- Client Load Exception List â€“ correct the data and submit changes for both
- Choices and Food Stamps at least weekly
- Submit and format the office TANF LBB Report for the current month at least once per week to review TANF Numerator and to monitor new customer certification
- Submit Form 2583 Choices Information Transmittal to DHS to transmit information about changes in customerâ€™s information (address, phone number, etc.), for rescinding sanctions, and reporting employment
- Submit Form 2588 Workforce Orientation Referral to DHS as notification the conditional customer has complied with their four weeks of cooperation
- Other duties as assigned
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
1. Knowledge of programs administered by TWC, TANF, SNAP E & T, WIOA, etc.
- Knowledge of community resources; case management principles, objectives, standards, and methods; and program policies and procedures
- Ability to communicate effectively; assess customer needs; provide guidance to other staff; and assist with management activities
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) preferred
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma
- Minimum of one (1) year of related experience performing intake and certification work
Must possess and provide a valid Texas Driver's License and Automobile Liability Insurance as required by the State of Texas.
- Must have access to reliable transportation in order to make required home visits.
Must have Physical demands and work environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing duties of the job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; for long periods of time. The employee must be able to drive for extended periods of time. Employees must occasionally lift and /or move up to 25 pounds and must be able to set up a display area.
- WORK ENVIRONMENT: Fast-paced, demanding physically and mentally, will be in constant communication.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The employee is expected to adhere to all company policies and to act as a role model in the adherence to policies
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, position open until filled
SERCO OF TEXAS - CONCHO VALLEY
AddressSan Angelo, TX
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?