Career Navigator-Choices / SNAP
SUMMARY: Works with SERCO customers in the Choices /SNAP E&T programs to provide direction in developing the best and quickest route to self-sufficiency. Conducts intake and case management activities and provides supportive services to customers. Must demonstrate a strong concern for others and high integrity. Requires being sensitive to others’ needs and being understanding, helpful, honest, and ethical.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Adheres to the mission of SERCO.
- Interviews customers or their authorized representatives to gather information to assess service needs.
- Responsible for the intake process of center customers to determine eligibility for services.
- Interpret and explain information such as eligibility requirements, application details, and applicants’ legal rights.
- Conduct in-depth interviewing, testing, and skills assessment of eligible participants for entry into career center activities.
- Interview participants at specified intervals to certify their eligibility for continuing benefits
- Completes applicant documents and forms accurately and expeditiously.
- Compile, record, and evaluate personal and financial data to verify completeness and accuracy, and to determine eligibility status
- create a Family Employment Plan (FEP); and coordinate support and related services with other providers; track the job seeker's progress toward goals and modify the IEP as necessary
- Follow standard procedures to administer and evaluate interest, aptitude, and achievement tests and work samples. Provide assessment results to assist participants, etc., in setting appropriate goals and identifying appropriate education and training options.
Coordinate and provide direct case management services to include assisting the job seeker to: develop long- and short-term employment goals
Assists in developing materials and conducts workshops, job clubs, and other customer group meetings, for all programs.
- Assists customers to access basic self-help services through effective use of the resource center.
- Keeps abreast of revisions and changes impacting the eligibility of applicants, and reporting requirements.
- Refers applicants who are ineligible or have other training interests to other agencies, training centers or community organizations, as appropriate.
- Maintains detailed participant records in compliance with the agency’s policies and procedures and prepares required reports
- Inputs information into and maintains TWIST records (daily).
- Compiles and distributes accurate intake and assessment reports.
- Performs other work-related duties as needed and/or as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Preferred, Associate Degree with coursework in Psychology, Sociology, or a related field; or
- Two (2) years of related experience performing intake and certification work, or a combination of experience and education.
- Or has been employed with SERCO in a temporary or a Sub-E position for at least 6 months.
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Working knowledge of programs administered by TWC, TANF, etc.
- Ability to properly interview and screen clients for services.
- Ability to read and interpret eligibility requirements.
- Ability to properly administer and score assessment instruments.
- Ability to prepare reports.
- Ability to accurately calculate income levels.
- Ability to analyze participants’ documents to determine eligibility.
- Skills in establishing rapport with participants.
- Knowledge of assessment tools used in workforce center applications.
- Knowledge of basic mathematics including addition and subtraction.
- Knowledge of and ability to use a personal computer.
- Highly preferred: Knowledge of human behavior and performance; individual differences in ability, personality, and interests; learning and motivation; psychological research methods; and the assessment and treatment of behavioral and affective disorders
- Excellent communication skills. Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
- Must treat customers with dignity and respect.
- Must be able to travel within the state.
- Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Uses logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Must possess a valid Texas Driver’s License and provide automobile liability insurance as required by the State of Texas.
- Must have access to reliable transportation in order to make required home visits and travel within the service area.
- Must obtain a National Association of Workforce Development Professionals certificate.
Physical demands and work environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing duties of the job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; for long periods of time. The employee must be able to drive for extended periods of time. Employees must occasionally lift and /or move up to 25 pounds and must be able to set up a display area.
- WORK ENVIRONMENT: Fast-paced, demanding physically and mentally, will be in constant communication.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
General sign-off: The employee is expected to adhere to all company policies and to act as a role model in the adherence to policies.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, position open until filled
SERCO OF TEXAS - CONCHO VALLEYSan Angelo, TX
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.