LIVE-IN FULL TIME HOUSE MANAGER / NANNY Needed ASAP in NYC & South Hampton in summer - 3 YEAR COMMITMENT
You MUST have legal papers authorizing you to work in the United States and to TRAVEL if necessary! Fluency in English is required as well. BRITISH / SOPHISTICATED APPLICANTS PREFERRED.
IMPORTANT: At least 7 years experience as a HOUSE MANAGER/ NANNY in NYC OR PROMINENT FAST PACED AREA.
SCHEDULE 5 DAYS PER WEEK - You will be compensated for any extra days given (sometimes you will be asked to work 7 days 1 or 2x per month BUT WILL BE COMPENSATED EXTRA FOR THAT TIME!)
YOU WILL HAVE CHILDCARE / HOUSE MANAGER DUTIES AND THE OTHER DAYS WHEN HE IS WITH DAD, YOU WILL BE FULL TIME HOUSE MANAGER.
SALARY - $135K+DOE FULL HEALTH BENEFITS / 2 WEEKS PAID VACATION AND SICK DAYS AFTER 6 MONTHS / 7AM START UNTIL 9:30PM - 10pm
YOU MUST BE FLEXIBLE, THIS MUST BE YOUR CAREER AND YOU MUST ABSOLUTELY LOVE YOUR JOB - MEANING THAT YOU ARE WILLING LIVE, EAT AND BREATHE THIS POSITION AS THE SALARY IS VERY HIGH AND THE EMPLOYER IS VERY LOYAL TO EMPLOYEES BUT SHE EXPECTS TOTAL COMMITMENT AND ON-CALL FLEXIBILITY
We are currently seeking MATURE, detail oriented, highly competent and highly experienced House Manager / Nanny for a High End Client on the UES, NYC. This is a wonderful opportunity to work in a fast paced, fully staffed home. The ideal situation would be that you become and remain apart of the team while remaining professional at all times in the event that the position ever became PERMANENT!
To apply, you must be a very hard worker, must be comfortable with all aspects of House Management & Nannying in NYC & SOUTH HAMPTON IN SUMMER. A formal background check will be run. You must be a US Citizen. You must be able to execute typical house management duties and manage time extremely well, as it is a fast paced environment. You must be able to make decisions best for child and work well on your own without instruction from Principle and handle responsibilities efficiently, while working together with other staff daily. You must find fun and entertaining projects and outings to do together without needing to be assisted. Mother is busy and doesn't have time to help you with your job.
YOU WILL BE THE SOLE CAREGIVER aside from mother (and father who has him every other week) TO A 9.5 YEAR OLD BOY. He is smart, fun to be around, caring, affectionate and well-behaved. He plays hockey, Piano and baseball and loves music. He needs someone who can keep him mentally stimulated, who is constantly coming up with engaging and fun activities for him (as the summer brings a lot of down time) He really deserves someone consistent who can be his buddy and have a close bond with him. You will need to be able to help with his school work make sure its in his bag, bond with him and genuinely develop a positive rapport with him - a permanent relationship is necessary as the mother does NOT want him to feel loss in his life, as he is already dealing with transition between his parents, which is hard for any child to take on.
You will be responsible for on- site supervision of vendors, maintenance and renovations as well as possible landscaping. Must be able to run errands if needed. You must be a quick thinker and be able to multi-task efficiently. Candidates with Flexibility to possibly become a long term employee are preferred!
Salary is highly competitive and based on experience, looking to hire ASAP!!!
Tasks Include, but are not limited to:
Efficacy, savvy resourcefulness and thoughtfulness a must; anticipating the needs of the home, mother and son on a daily basis without needing any type of management but also able to take direction when given.
- Proactive and self-starter; early riser and willingness to go above and beyond for the family and the household despite the schedule at hand.
- Coordinating details with Employer's assistant as needed.
- Dealing with vendors or contractors for home, scheduling and recording all appointments and monitoring the projects for the home. Keeping records and receipts for payment and other items for household management.
- Grocery Shopping & Light Meals for Boy- Stocking necessary food items for the home; stocking refrigerator with cut up fruits and vegetables. Mother likes it if you can prepare food for the boy, he is a simple healthy eater. Ordering groceries and personal supplies, developing routines that make it possible for the home to run smoothly. Learning and carrying out the current routines preferred by mother.
- Running errands for home or personal items for household and mother and son.
- Assisting the boy with homework, school projects and studying.
- Transporting son to school program as well as other appointments and extra circular activities including Baseball, Hockey, Piano, etc.
- Scheduling dog walker and dog trainer or other appointments for Stanley.
- Preparing and cooking meals for the mother and son.
- Ability to plan for the day ahead - knowing the son's upcoming schedule and arranging sports bag accordingly, reviewing and packing away his homework, and items needed for the following day. Coordinating with housekeeper to make sure all laundry is prepared ahead of time (uniforms, travel items and such.)
- Efficient time-management skills.
- Knowledge of organizational systems and household management duties, ordering supplies, keeping inventory and stock for the boy and also the home and items for mother.
- An ability to bond with and care for the family's beloved dog, Stanley. Stanley is a puppy golden doodle, you MUST LOVE DOGS - Stanley will require occasional veterinary care and maintenance and will need to be attended in a way that supports his emotional and physical needs as well.
- Advancing and fostering the son's cognition, education, as well as his emotional and physical health. Continuing to provide a happy, safe, exciting and loving environment is of the utmost importance to his mother.
- Must provide organization, be a quick thinker and highly motivated while also working well as a team with other staff members.
- Be kind to everyone. NOT RUDE TO OTHER STAFF - you are the main right hand person to the Principle and you will deal directly with other staff on her behalf.
- High Energy - Displaying a happy, kind and loving demeanor as well as being largely energetic -- some days will be very long especially if the mother is traveling, working late or entertaining guests.
- Acting as a source of comfort, nurturing and confidant to the son as he grows, someone that he can relate to and trust. - he likes to have someone sleep in the room with him as he falls asleep each night
- Adhering to the mother's rules and style of parenting; it is a loving, functional home and she requires someone who will become an extension of her kind and approachable parenting skills.
- They are in a transitional period (divorce) and you'll need to provide the son with structure and routine and nurturing as the mother has a fast paced career and will rely on you for this.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $100,000.00 to $135,000.00 /year
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
- House Manager: 5 years (Preferred)
- Nanny: 7 years (Required)
- New York, NY 10023 (Required)
- United States (Required)
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends required
- On call