Full Time, Highly Experienced Formal Housekeeper needed for family of 4 in Large Luxury Estate - Eastchester, NY
INTERVIEWS: IMMEDIATELY, HIRE DATE ASAP!
Schedule: MONDAY - FRIDAY - If you require a strict schedule, this is not the position for you! Hours will be flexible typically 8am-7pm the principle does not want anyone staring at a clock! You must have incredible drive and work ethic for long days. If you are the type of worker that requires “me” time at work, and prefer a laid back environment — this is not the job for you. Strong work ethic is required for this formal household.
Please do not apply until you have read the ENTIRE LISTING BELOW and meet ALL of the requirements.
Full Disclosure *This is an extremely formal home. If you have not worked in a high end residence for the past 7-10 years, you will not be considered in the application process.*
Family of 4, in a sprawling Estate of 15,000 square feet located in Eastchester, NY. This is a wonderful opportunity for an energetic, ambitious and highly skilled Executive / Formal Housekeeper with long career in the industry.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintaining inventory, organized household and personal items.
- Shopping for and accepting goods for the home.
- Booking and paying vendors as needed for routine repairs and service.
- Liaison directly with vendors, contractors and service providers
- Deep cleaning - Vacuuming, sweeping, deep cleaning, special care for delicate surfaces, fabrics and specialty carpeting.
- Attention to detail - no dust, dirt or handprints left in home, must clean all surfaces and doors and walls each day to keep home in pristine shape!
- Seasonal deep cleaning, wall washing, molding cleaning, stair rails, etc.
- Carefully scrubbing bathroom floors, tubs, showers and sinks - careful not to scratch or damages surfaces or precious materials.
- Expert cleaning and polishing of silver, antique brass, aluminum, steel and glass surfaces.
- Cleaning and maintaining furniture and accessories made of imported materials and exotic skins.
- Changing delicate bed and table linens and making beds twice daily including turndown service.
- Wardrobe and closet management (seasonal rotation.)
- Handling of laundry and ironing - family may possibly hire a laundress in the future if it is too much to keep up with.
- Coordinate dry cleaning schedule
- Travel packing and unpacking for principle and family if needed.
- Setting a formal dining table daily / assisting chef as needed.
- Greeting guests and answering telephone, message taking, serving food and drink.
- Assisted with childcare and tending to the safety, happiness and security of each child’s needs.
- Routine pet care. (2 sweet dogs in home under 20 lbs)
- Son has Nut allergy - all staff will need to be aware of this and shop / execute / plan accordingly.
The ideal situation will require you to become apart of the team remaining dedicated, pro-active, be on time, anticipate the sudden needs of the principle and his family and remain professional at all times. The principal has a high profile and fast-paced career and needs someone to take charge of all aspects of housekeeping but also needs someone who is very stable in personality and can take direction well from him and household members. You must adore children and dogs as there are 2 of each in the home.
You must be a very hard worker, comfortable with all aspects of Formal Housekeeping and have a clear history of high end residential experience. You must be knowledgeable about going above and beyond for the care of both the family and the household. You must be extremely organized and flexible to work without help.
Communication is very important.
Employers do not want to micro-manage or be asked too many questions. Working well on your own and with other staff is important.
You must pay great attention to detail, display great work ethic, have a happy demeanor, work well in a fast paced environment, have patience, and be honest, communicative and pleasant. No hierarchy will be tolerated by employer. You’ll be required to be a team player and produce synergy, and be able manage time well, as it is a fast paced, formal environment.