DIVISION: Adult Services
DEPARTMENT: Detroit At Work Career Center
REPORTS TO: Career Center Operations Director
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt/Hourly
CLASSIFICATION: Full-Time Regular
APPROVED DATE: 10/2/2019
JOB SUMMARY: Provides support to designated Detroit At Work Career Center, including special projects and initiatives by processing participant supportive services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Processes all supportive service payments including ensuring information is accurate, back up documentation is validated and purchase orders are completed and submitted.
2. Collects and distributes checks at the Center or other special project locations.
3. Contacts vendors to resolve any issues or concerns.
4. Assists with the procurement of vendors as needed.
5. Communicates with staff regarding any issues or concerns with documentation and status of payment.
6. Maintains accurate and up-to-date program databases; generates supportive services related documents and reports and submits as required.
7. Assists in maintaining an accurate record (file) system for each program participant.
8. Contributes to the team effort by performing other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: NONE
1. High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
2. One to two years of clerical and/or customer service experience.
3. Computer skills necessary to utilize word processing and spreadsheet software applications.
4. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills necessary to provide courteous and accurate information to vendors and staff.
5. Mental ability to handle pressures related to performing multiple tasks requiring concentration and attention to detail with frequent disruptions due to people and/or telephone calls.
6. Bilingual language skills in English/Spanish or English/Arabic is preferred.
7. Physical ability to occasionally sit at a computer terminal for extended periods of time when entering data information.
8. Must have a valid Michigan driver license. Incumbent must also have reliable means of transportation to travel to various locations outside of the office.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: This is a largely sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: This job operates in a normal office environment with little discomfort due to noise, dirt, dust and the like. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photo copiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Equal Opportunity Employer
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a person assigned to this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties and responsibilities that may be performed by a person so classified. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.