Substance Abuse Counselor
Position: Substance Abuse Counselor
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Click Hereif you forgot your login information
Come Join a Team Making a Difference in the Lives of Others!
Woodward Community Based Services Has Immediate Openings for a Full time Substance Abuse Counselor!
Through a continuum of services, Woodward Community Based Services, a division of Sequel Youth and Family Services, provides education, counseling and supervision to individuals and families in their home community. Our professionals work in conjunction with local resources to develop a strength-based plan to support success for our consumers. Services include:
- Re-entry services
- Aggression Replacement Training
- Tracking and Monitoring services
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services
- Supervised Apartment Living
- School-Based Services
- Wrap-Around Services
- Individual & Group Skill Development
- Administer, score and asses the SASSI and MAST completed by every client referred.
- Provide assessment/evaluation, treatment and discharge services for clients referred to the Substance Abuse Program.
- Document all services in a timely fashion
- Conduct and participate in treatment plan reviews to assess each client's treatment planning for appropriateness and timeliness.
- Conduct individual and group counseling and therapy sessions.
- Develop individual treatment plans, discharge and after care plans.
- Attend meetings for clients referred to the Substance Abuse Program if requested.
- Complete daily progress notes in a timely fashion.
A Bachelor's degree in a Behavioral Sciences or Humanities preferred. At least one year experience in the treatment of mental health, behavioral health or substance abuse field and certified as a Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor is preferred. Previous experience as a Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor will be considered. If not certified the ability to earn a CADC within 1 years of hire date and complete all necessary training to maintain CADC throughout employment. It is an essential function of the position that the staff member be capable of participating in physical training activities.
- Competitive Pay
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance after sixty days
- Company provided Short Term and Long Term Disability
- Company provided AD&D Insurance
- Flexible Spending Program/Health Savings Account
- 401K after sixty days
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Loan Program