Our Adult Medical Daycare has an immediate opening for a full time Activity Director. Someone with high energy, outgoing with the capability to plan, coordinate and implement programs and events for members. Must be Bilingual in English and Spanish
- Plans and coordinate activities and programs of interest for approximately 120 members daily.
- Plans and maintains weekly and monthly activities calendars.
- Ensures activities are clearly communicated to all members in a timely manner.
- Ensures activities adapt to the needs, interests and capabilities of all members.
- Sets up all required supplies for events.
- Coordinates off-site activities.
- Prepares all required reports and paperwork such as Initial Assessments and Evaluations, Treatment Plans and Quarterly notes
- Certified or eligible for certification as an Activity Director (ADC) by the National certification Council for Activity Professionals
- Certified or eligible for certification as a Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist (CTRS) by the National Council for Therapeutic Recreation
- Bachelor's degree in Recreation, Creative Arts Therapy, Music Therapy, Therapeutic Recreation, Art or Art Education, Psychology, Sociology or Occupational Therapy or other health or human services related degree such as Gerontology or Early Education
- Or at least three (3) years experience in activities in a licensed healthcare facility and have completed an Activities Education Program (MEPAP) approved by the NJ Dept of Health and Senior Services
- At least one (1) year or more experience in adult medical daycare..
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Social perceptiveness
- Time management