Responsible for all technical aspects of AQS product designs as it pertains to controls in the R & D department. This includes writing software code, specifying and qualifying parts as it pertains to the control program, verifying the sequence of operation, as well as any other programming required to control the systems. Plus, provide electrical and controls related technical support to internal and external customers.
- Develop controller software programming, device programming and all other controls related instructions and references required for AQS division products based on controls sequence of operation.
- Assist in part qualifications for design and control logic. Provide design guidance to Electrical Designers for control items to be included in electrical design package.
- Provide product specific electrical and controls related technical support to all organizational interfaces, as well as all internal and external customers.
- Coordinate with project leaders to ensure control design due dates are met for production.
- Participate in electrical & controls design process improvement as required/requested.
- Participate in product improvement and redesign (as related to controls design) as required/requested.
- Participate in product cost reduction (as related to electrical & controls design) as required/requested.
- Assist with claim resolution and warranty cost reduction (as related to electrical & controls design) as required/requested.
- Create / assist with / interpret / revise AQS product control strategies, designs, specifications, and sequences of operation.
- Work with electrical designers, engineering, and sales to review all specification, scope, sequence, pricing and design info for given project and ensure information is accurate, consistent and congruent for release to production.
- Provide overview of entire electrical and controls design package to ensure proper functionality and that all specifications and requirements of the project are met.
- Develop / create all controller and device programming and special instructions or directions required for controls system on a given project.
- Attend design meetings, toll gate meetings, etc. as required.
- Provide technical service, direction, and support on electrical & controls related issues for manufacturing, purchasing, sales, service, etc. as required.
- Participate in electrical & controls design process improvement (including but not limited to Value Stream Mapping, Kaizen events, Lean manufacturing methods, etc.) as needed.
- Participate in product improvement, redesign, and testing as related to electrical & controls (including but not limited to R&D projects, RTC projects, DTC projects, etc.). Assist in testing of new parts, hardware, and software as needed.
- Participate in product cost reduction as related to electrical & controls (including but not limited to TCP, RTC, MCAP, etc.) as needed.
- Assist with and participate in claim resolution process, review product deficiencies from field reports, and support warranty reduction (SWAT) with regards to electrical and controls issues, as needed.
- Minimal travel; if required may include trips to (manufacturing plants, job sites, vendor sites, etc.).
Major Organization Interfaces/Interactions:
- Electrical Designers, Engineering, Drafting Services, Manufacturing, Purchasing, Sales, R&D, Marketing.
- Customers (field service technicians, engineers, sales reps, owners, operators).
- Manufacturers’ Representatives.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering.
- 7-10 years’ experience in related field (controls contracting, consulting engineering, HVAC construction, etc.).
- Programming experience preferred (especially with PLCs, DDC controllers, etc.).
- Prior experience with controls and/or BAS protocols required. Experience with Automated Logic a plus.
- Strong computer skills/aptitude required. Experience with Microsoft Office, AutoCAD, and programming software preferred.
- Knowledge and familiarity with HVAC wiring, electrical design & troubleshooting, and National Electrical Code preferred.
Taking the quality of indoor environments for granted can be costly. Consider how people working in these environments are affected. They suffer from a variety of illnesses, inattentiveness, and poor performance. The cost is staggering. Illnesses related to poor air quality cost organizations billions annually in lost productivity.
The current practice in building design is to construct airtight buildings that provide greater energy efficiency. This approach has created unintended consequences. Continuously re-circulated old air contributes to unhealthy indoor environments caused by a build-up of germs and potentially dangerous chemical pollutants. Traditional attempts to overcome this problem by increasing the amount of outside air brought into the building creates other problems: elevated humidity, higher noise levels, and increased energy demands.
Since 1963, FläktGroup SEMCO has pioneered products and services that improve indoor environments. Today, we are a worldwide innovator of desiccant-based products and systems able to recover energy, increase ventilation, and control humidity. We are also among the world's largest fabricators of energy-efficient spiral pipe and fittings, acoustical enclosures, and sound attenuators, all manufactured in America.