Sema4 is a patient-centered health intelligence company founded on the idea that more information, deeper analysis, and increased engagement will improve the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of disease. Sema4 is dedicated to transforming healthcare by building dynamic models of human health and defining optimal, individualized health trajectories, starting in the areas of reproductive health and oncology. Centrellis™, our innovative health intelligence platform, is enabling us to generate a more complete understanding of disease and wellness and to provide science-driven solutions to the most pressing medical needs. Sema4 believes that patients should be treated as partners, and that data should be shared for the benefit of all.
Sema4 is seeking a Laboratory Technologist - Molecular Laboratory for a full-time position located in New York City with the ability to work some evenings, weekends and holidays as requested. NOTE: this role will transition to our new Stamford, CT Clinical location in 2020.
This is a unique chance to join our company as we lead in the start of a healthcare revolution, the future of medicine, and be on the cutting edge of new technologies and industry trends at every level.
- Under minimum supervision, performs high complexity molecular testing of clinical samples (including DNA extraction, PCR amplification and downstream analysis)
- Adheres to strict protocols required for clinical testing
- Maintains required record keeping in compliance of CLIA/CAP/NY laboratory regulations
- A Bachelor’s Degree (B.A or B.S.) in a scientific discipline or medical technology or CLSpCG from an approved agency such as the National Certification Agency (NCA)
- A minimum of 2 years of clinical experience OR completion of a laboratory training program or 1 year of related experience
- Extensive knowledge of molecular biology principles, proficient in standard molecular biology techniques including PCR and DNA sequencing, NGS experience is a plus
- Must be analytical and possess excellent organizational, time management and communication skills
- Must qualify for or possess a NY State Technologist License
- Able to work some evenings, weekends and holidays as required by the department
- Full time employed position
- Great company culture, with friendly and collegial work environment
- Full Health/Vision/Dental Insurance coverage & 401k Roth & Traditional on 1st day of employment
- 20 PTO, 5 sick days, 2 Volunteer days, 10 paid holidays
- Life Insurance, Short- &Long-Term Disability, Health Advocacy Service, Life Assistance Program
- Maternity and Paternity leave
- Unlimited opportunity for growth within the company