SEH America is located in Vancouver, Washington. It is one of 13 Shin-Etsu Handotai Group (SEH) facilities located around the world. SEH is the world-leader in the manufacturing of silicon wafers for the semiconductor industry. At SEH America, our philosophy and success rest upon our commitment to excellence, quality of service and product to our customers, and a safe working environment for our employees.
LAB TECHNICIAN - Days
- Operate advanced analytical instruments, including ICP-MS and Autoscanner.
- Perform sample preparation and testing on wafers using various types of chemicals.
- Operate 200mm and 300mm furnaces.
- Use microscope to perform visual inspection of wafer samples for surface defects.
- Evaluate test results and report results to plant personnel in a timely fashion.
- Use SPC techniques as a part of routine analysis.
- Assist SI Lab engineers in resolving routine instrument problems.
- Perform routine preventative maintenance on instruments as needed.
- Assist in SI Lab department training and cross-training.
- Write, revise and maintain SOP/SWP documentation and have familiarity with Master Control.
- Work independently or as a team member on non-routine projects.
- Must be able to multi-task and perform several tasks concurrently.
- Determine appropriate priorities depending on current situation.
- AS degree or equivalent or 2 years of experience in process manufacturing environment required (or a combination of education and experience).
- Knowledge of basic chemistry, physics, or engineering.
- Intermediate level computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to use precision measuring tools and analytical instruments.
- Knowledge of production processes, measurements, and quality systems.
- Familiarity with data collection, statistical analysis, and SPC.
- Demonstrated planning, organizational and project management skills.
- Ability to learn new tasks quickly
- Work in a clean room.
- Hazardous chemicals or vapors may be present in work area-Wear appropriate PPE.
- Must be able to work safely with concentrated acids and bases.
- Required to occasionally lift up to 55 lbs.
- Must be able to work on a computer for extended periods of time.
- Requires fine hand motion skills and dexterity.
- Adherence to strict contamination control practices.
- Required to work in various environments and departments throughout the SEH-A site.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours to provide results to customers.
- Must be comfortable working in a fluid situation and under stress to get results in a timely fashion.
We are committed to employee health and wellness and believe it plays a factor in our success. The SEH America benefit package is considered one of the most generous plans in the region based on coverage and employee cost. SEH America is pleased to offer the following benefits, services, and perks:
Health Benefits for You and Eligible Family Members
- Medical (2 plan options with prescription drug program included) - Massage therapy, acupuncture, & naturopathy included in plan
- Dental (2 plan options)
- Vision (automatic election with medical and dental enrollment)
- Vacation (equivalent to 80 hours first year) & Vacation Savings Account
- Sick pay (80 hrs sick pay with rollover & payout)
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Company leave programs including Short Term Medical Leave (up to 24 weeks – based on length of service) & Long Term Disability
- Bereavement Leave (up to 3 days), Jury or Witness Leave, SEH-A Military Leave Program
- 401(k) Plan- Company match plus additional employer contribution
- Flexible Spending Accounts – Health Care & Dependent Care
- Employee Basic Life Insurance- Option to purchase supplemental & dependent life insurance
- Voluntary AD&D Insurance (for employee & family)
- Company provided Long Term Care Insurance – Option to purchase additional employee and spouse coverage
- Education Assistance- Paid directly to school
- Employee Assistance Program
- Subsidized Childcare
- On-Site Café (cost subsidized by company)
- Community Garden
- On-Site Fitness Center (no cost & open 24/7)
- EV Charging Spots
- Multiple Award Programs & Employee Appreciation Events
- Diverse Employee Population
- Numerous Growth Opportunities & Career Paths
SEH America is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to military and veteran status, race, color, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, religious creed, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other protected characteristic under applicable law. Offers of employment are contingent on a pre-employment drug screen. SEH-A participates in E-Verify. More information can be found on our website.
SEH AmericaVancouver, WA
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.