We are currently looking for local Pickup & Delivery (P&D), or City Drivers, to join our Southeastern Team. Our P&D Drivers are the face of our company and are an integral part of our operation, helping our company produce over 99% on time service to our customers. In this role, you pick up, transport, and deliver freight locally and are home nightly. If you are looking for a long term career and want to join a best in class carrier where your talents are appreciated, then we would love for you to join our team!
What you'll do on a typical day
- Operates a tractor-trailer combination (single or double) in urban, suburban, and rural areas and in all types of weather conditions.
- Receives and verifies dispatch instructions and verifies load against shipping documents.
- When hauling hazardous material, verifies the hazardous material product description, determines any discrepancies in the paperwork, and verifies proper placarding.
- Performs all duties in a manner that promotes superior customer service and professionalism.
Here are the key things you will need to have
- Must be at least 21 years old.
- 6 months driving experience
- A High School Diploma or GED is required
- Must have a valid Commercial Driver's License (CDL) with HAZMAT, Tanker, and Twin Trailer endorsements
- Ability to read, comprehend, and write in the English language and perform simple mathematical calculations with the mental ability to handle receipts, read maps and road signs, and maintain logs.
- Ability to meet DOT regulations and guidelines pertaining to the physical qualifications for commercial drivers.
- Ability to satisfactorily pass alcohol and drug tests.
Here are some of the perks you'll get as a full time member of our team:
- Competitive pay
- Career Progression
- Job stability (We've never had a lay off)
- Health, Dental & Vision Benefits
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Flex and Health Spending Accounts
- Company matching 401(k) retirement plan
- Wellness Program
- Paid time off, including 8 paid holidays