Optical Stylist, Chicago Market, Chicago, IL
SEE Eyewear Chicago, IL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
SEE Eyewear is addicted to uncovering hidden gems-and not just within our product assortment. We believe recruiting top talent and cultivating a unique, sophisticated and diverse group of experts from our associates and opticians to our Field Leaders. SEE’s collection is an eclectic and unique assortment of the best of the best made exclusively for us. The same expectation stands for our people; we are committed to developing a Best in Class Team of Experts and Authorities where career development and growth are the foundation to building our brand.
SEE Optical Stylists will work as part of our retail team in a retail optical setting. Stylists will assist clients and patients with their optical needs-leveraging knowledge of current eyewear trends, and optical knowledge to provide an exemplary experience to every SEE customer. This is a performance-based sales role and Optical Stylist can expect to have sales and KPI goals to achieve. This role will flex between our Clark St. and Armitage Chicago locations.
- Professional: You handle tough situations with grace and work with integrity.
- A Team Player: You work well with others, give and receive constructive criticism, and are dedicated to the team’s success as a whole.
- Entrepreneurial: You think outside of the box to drive your own traffic & sales to the business.
- Eager to Learn: You are open to feedback and always looking for ways to improve.
- Accountable: You take accountability for your role in the success of the business.
- Open Communicator: You communicate directly & effectively with your peers and your supervisor. You speak candidly and address concerns in the moment.
- Passionate About Fashion: You are up to date on eyewear trends and passionate about eyewear as a fashion piece. You genuinely love styling and sharing trends with your clients and your team.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Tasks include but are not limited to:
- Drive personal and team sales by upholding SEE selling standards.
- Meet and exceed personal sales goals and KPI’s.
- Model our SEE Selling ceremony to team sell with your coworkers and assist with affirming your team members recommendations.
- Demonstrate excellent time management skills by working with urgency and properly prioritizing tasks.
- Utilize downtime to complete with daily operational tasks.
- Uphold brand standards-ensuring merchandising, cleanliness, and display of the store is up to SEE expectations.
- Greet customers genuinely and ascertain what each customer wants or needs.
- Recommend, select, and help locate or obtain merchandise based on customer needs and desires.
- Maintain patient records related to sales.
- Compute sales prices, total purchases, and receive and process cash or credit payment.
- Maintain knowledge of current sales and promotions, policies regarding payment and exchanges, and security practices.
- Open and close cash registers, performing tasks such as counting money, separating charge slips, coupons, and vouchers, balancing cash drawers, and making deposits.
- Input sales efficiently and accurately
- Demonstrate knowledge of lenses options and benefits to every customer.
- Properly Ticket, arrange, and display merchandise to promote sales.
- Watch for and recognize security risks and thefts and know how to prevent or handle these situations.
- Lookup and explain insurance eligibility to customers/patients when applicable.
- Abide by SEE discounting and remake expectations
- Open to working in a coaching/feedback environment
- Night & weekend availability required.
- Minimum of 3 years prior retail experience preferred.
- Previous Optical experience preferred but not required.
- Able to perform the basic daily job functions including minimal physical activity, standing up to 8 hours, lifting up to 30lbs.
- Ability to comply with SEE dress code.
- Ability to utilize computer-based POS system
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite
- Retail/Medical Practice Environment
- High School Diploma/GED equivalent