**** Staff Accountant / Corporate Accounting Opportunity Location : Bridgewater, NJ ****
- Bachelor's degree preferably in finance, accounting, business or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in an accounting/finance environment required.
- GL accounting background
- Good spreadsheet and database skills.
- Strong organizational, critical thinking and customer service skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage competing deadlines
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- AppFolio Software knowledge a big plus.
- Real Estate Management Industry knowledge a plus.
- Paid Sick Days
- Paid Vacation
- Holiday Pay
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Auto Insurance Discounts
- Home Owners' Insurance Discounts
We are seeking a qualified Staff Account. The ideal candidate for this position must be extremely well organized and detail oriented. If you fit our qualifications and are a self-starter, can work independently and with a team, and have a great attitude, this is the position for you! We are looking for someone to dig into the "why" of processes and help us improve business operations with current best practices.
- Journal creation for bank account transactions.
- Administration of the disbursement files.
- Handle check reissuances, check voids, stop payments and returned NSF checks.
- Assign GL codes, prepare reports for review by management, and ensure journals are uploaded into appropriate financial systems.
- Ensure activities posted to both cash and clearing GL accounts are reviewed and reconciled in a timely manner.
- Assist with monthly financial closings and reporting.
- Perform bank reconciliations - against the GL and reconciliation of any assigned clearing accounts and inter-company balances.
- Deposit payments with electronic bank scanner.
- Ensure that controls and reconciliations are in place to insure accuracy of bank postings of funds collected.
- Understand and backup critical functions related to cash activity i.e. posting of receipts to tenant ledgers, collections of funds and associated General Ledger entries.
- Monitor expenses such as utilities to insure vendor pricing is in compliance with contracts and monitor trends.
- Maintain and track fixed assets.
- Oversee and monitor merchant accounts tied to POS transactions via online web based software and value transfer terminals.
- Credit Card Dispute management.
- Ensure vendor electronic fund transfer (EFT) transactions reconcile to purchase orders/invoices/receiving. Insure that adequate controls and approvals are in compliance with policies.
- Documentation of policies and procedures related to cash management.
- Make calls to the bank directly to clarify adjustments or to clarify items on the bank statements in order to reconcile activity or properly code it; liaise with other staff members to confirm bank balances as of a certain date
- Assist with System Administration of Treasury related systems