**** Staff Accountant / Corporate Accounting Opportunity Location : Bridgewater, NJ ****
We are seeking a qualified Staff Account. The ideal candidate for this position must be extremely well organized and detail oriented. If you fit our qualifications and are a self-starter, can work independently and with a team, and have a great attitude, this is the position for you! We are looking for someone to dig into the "why" of processes and help us improve business operations with current best practices.
- Journal creation for bank account transactions.
- Administration of the disbursement files.
- Handle check reissuances, check voids, stop payments and returned NSF checks.
- Assign GL codes, prepare reports for review by management, and ensure journals are uploaded into appropriate financial systems.
- Ensure activities posted to both cash and clearing GL accounts are reviewed and reconciled in a timely manner.
- Assist with monthly financial closings and reporting.
- Perform bank reconciliations - against the GL and reconciliation of any assigned clearing accounts and inter-company balances.
- Deposit payments with electronic bank scanner.
- Manage merchant accounts
- Ensure that controls and reconciliations are in place to insure accuracy of bank postings of funds collected.
- Understand and backup critical functions related to cash activity i.e. posting of receipts to tenant ledgers, collections of funds and associated General Ledger entries.
- Monitor expenses such as utilities to insure vendor pricing is in compliance with contracts and monitor trends.
- Maintain and track fixed assets.
- Oversee and monitor merchant accounts tied to POS transactions via online web based software and value transfer terminals.
- Credit Card Dispute management.
- Ensure vendor electronic fund transfer (EFT) transactions reconcile to purchase orders/invoices/receiving. Insure that adequate controls and approvals are in compliance with policies.
- Make calls to the bank directly to clarify adjustments or to clarify items on the bank statements in order to reconcile activity or properly code it; liaise with other staff members to confirm bank balances as of a certain date
- Bachelor's degree preferably in finance, accounting, business or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in an accounting/finance environment required.
- GL accounting background
- Good spreadsheet and database skills.
- Strong organizational, critical thinking and customer service skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage competing deadlines
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- AppFolio Software knowledge a big plus.
- Real Estate Management Industry knowledge a plus.
- Paid Sick Days
- Paid Vacation
- Holiday Pay
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Auto Insurance Discounts
- Home Owners' Insurance Discounts
We encourage a sense of belonging and want team members to be their best selves. Our leadership is committed to supporting new ideas and helping employees to add value each day. Come join our rapidly growing community.