Overview of Position
Seattle Public Schools is currently seeking motivated, detail-oriented candidates for our full time and part time Custodial Assistant positions. This is an excellent employment opportunity with the largest K-12 school system in Washington state that includes competitive benefits and pay!
In this role you will be responsible for performing a variety of cleaning tasks, minor repairs and general labor tasks to create and maintain a safe, clean and orderly environment for our students, staff, parents and the general public. This position will require that you to have the ability to travel to various school buildings and work swing shift hours from 2:30 pm to approximately 11:00 pm. If this sounds like a perfect fit for you, please continue reading!
- Sweep, clean and dust classrooms, offices, halls, and other school spaces
- Clean and service public restrooms; wash and sanitize toilets, sinks and showers and restock disposables
- Mops floors and apply floor finish; operate mechanical cleaners and polishers
- Wash walls, windows, prepare cleaning solutions as needed according to written or oral instructions
- Gather and dispose of trash and wastes
- Lift and move various heavy objects; work from ladders and scaffolds of various heights
- Operate floor scrubbers, buffers, power lawn mowers, sweepers, and vacuum pickup machines as needed in the performance of assigned duties
- Provide maintenance repairs such as, but not limited to light bulbs, shade cords, pencil sharpeners and limited glazing.
- Secure facilities after operating hours by locking doors, closing windows and setting up the alarm
- Performs related duties as required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to read and write in the English language at a level necessary for efficient job performance
- Ability to lift approximately 50 pounds; good physical condition.
- Ability to climb ladders and scaffolds
- Ability to relate with others
- Ability to exercise care in the use of tools and equipment
- Ability to use cleaning tools and equipment
Assistant Custodians must provide their own transportation to and from school sites and job locations. Must be flexible with schedule, as work hours may vary depending on the business needs.
If you are interested in this position, please apply directly on our careers page at: