Join our amazing team!
Seattle Pain Relief has an immediate opening for a Certified Medical Assistant for our Northgate Office and we are actively seeking a qualified candidate to start as soon as possible.
Are you an enthusiastic MEDICAL ASSISTANT looking for a rewarding career?
Come join our team!
- Competitive salary
- Health & Dental Insurance
- Paid vacation, sick time, and holidays
- Bonuses + Commission
The Medical Assistant is responsible for:
- Assisting the physician with basic patient care and medical procedures
- Capturing accurate and detailed documentation of the encounter into the EMR in a timely manner
- Assisting staff with directing patient flow, inventory, and following up on labs
- Ensuring compliance with Department of Health (DOH) Regulations
- Provide unparalleled customer service to our patients, adhering to established protocols and work processes, and successfully managing volume without ever compromising quality
Duties and Responsibilities
The primary duties and responsibilities of a Medical Assistant are:
- Assisting the physician with medical procedures within the Medical Assistant (MA) Scope of Practice, which may include but is not limited to: external laboratory specimens, UA, IVs, procedure set ups, etc.
- Ensuring Department of Health (DOH) compliance of exam rooms which may include but is not limited to: logbook maintenance, checking for expired medications and supplies, proper handling of specimen etc.
- Being able to fully document in the EMR on multiple patients per hour on average
- Facilitating any necessary diagnostic tests (e.g., CT, MRI, ultrasounds, etc.) and referrals to medical specialists for follow-up care
- Communicating with patients, pharmacies, and physicians over the phone under provider guidance
- Assisting the licensed practitioner, under the direct and personal supervision of the licensed practitioner
- Ensuring the site is fully stocked with supplies
- Helping maintain a clean, courteous, and professional working environment
- Providing compassionate care to our patients
- Assisting with training and acclimation of new hire Medical Assistants and Scribes
A candidate's qualifications will include:
- High School or GED required
- Graduation from an accredited Medical Assisting program, with Certified (CM) Medical Assistant credential preferred and/or phlebotomy and EKG certifications
- 1 year experience as a Medical Assistant
- Comfortable with phlebotomy
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Strong aptitude for detail, and ability to work independently, required
- Strong organizational, problem solving, communication, and interpersonal skills required
- Advanced computer and typing skills
- Happy and positive thinking, able to project this attitude around others
- Must exhibit passion for outstanding results and compassion for those we work with and serve
- Flexible & adaptable nature to work in a continuously evolving environment
- Team player
- Excellent communication and bedside manner
- Passion for helping others in an urgent care environment
Hours: Full Time (Monday - Friday) 730 am-5 pm
Pay: Dependent on Experience. Competitive pay, benefits, paid time off.
- VERY COMPETITIVE SALARY dependent upon your qualifications and experience.
- BENEFITS including: MEDICAL INSURANCE, DENTAL INSURANCE, VISION INSURANCE, PAID HOLIDAYS and EARNED PTO.
To apply for this position, submit your resume.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $23.00 to $28.00 /hour