Director of Finance Operations
- Posted: over a month ago
- $90,000 to $100,000 Yearly
- Benefits: 401k, dental, medical, vision,
Position: Director of Finance and Operations
Reports to The School President
Seattle Nativity School Mission Statement
Seattle Nativity School is a Catholic, Jesuit-endorsed STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math) middle school seeking to break the cycle of poverty through an education that nourishes souls and ignites leaders for love and service.
History and Current Vision
The school opened its doors in September of 2013 to its first class of 6th graders. Now, Seattle Nativity School serves low-income youth in 6th grade through 8th grade offering a challenging and supportive learning environment to motivate students of all faith backgrounds. We strive to graduate young men and women for others who are religious, loving, intellectually competent, open to growth, committed to doing justice, and grateful. We track our graduates via our Graduate Support Program offering assistance through high school, college and beyond.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Directs and advises on all accounting activities
• Maintains compliance with GAAP in all accounting practices
• Develops the annual budget
• Performs monthly general ledger, bank, and credit card reconciliations
• Monitors bank accounts on a daily basis • Processes accounts receivables and accounts payables
• Works closely with the Director of Development for recording pledges and donations
• Reconciles the accounting records with the Development records on a monthly basis
• Prepares accurate monthly financial reports including capital campaign reports for the Finance Committee and Board meetings
• Prepares monthly billing for student activity fee
• Prepares annual filing of Form 990 and 1099-Misc forms Finance (Endowment)
• Interfaces with external investment manager
• Maintains compliance with WA State regulations and the school's Endowment Fund Policy Seattle Nativity School www.seattlenativity.org
• Maintains records regarding investment activities
• Prepares accurate endowment fund reports for the Endowment Committee Human Resources (Payroll and Benefits)
• Ensures the school is in compliance with all federal, state, and local employment regulations
• Maintains employee records using Bamboo HR including on-boarding and off-boarding
• Interfaces with the third-party payroll processor to assure accuracy in monthly payroll processing, quarterly and annual payroll tax returns
• Manages all employee benefits including annual renewal of medical/dental plans and communicates to employees on any changes
• Manages employee 401k retirement plan ensuring federal compliance
• Prepares annual filing of Form 5500-SF for the 401k plan and the restatement of the plan when needed Risk Management
• Manages the school's various insurance programs pertaining to property/casualty liability, directors, officers and employees' liability and auto insurance.
• Manages the student's insurance program
• Collaborates with educational and operational leaders to understand and mitigate risk as appropriate Miscellaneous
• Provides the School President financial reports to the Nativity Coalition and/or Jesuit Network when requested
• Provides the Director of Development financial information for grant writing when needed
• Collaborates and supports the faculty and staff whenever as needed
• Interacts with St. Edward Parish's accountant for monthly utility billing
• Renews the school van's license annually
• Orders textbooks and school supplies
• Participates in monthly small group book discussion This is an outline of a job description. The actual duties and responsibilities are not limited to the items as described in this document.
Qualifications • Bachelor Degree in Accounting required • At least five years of work experience in the accounting field • Not for profit accounting experience preferred • Advanced skills in Quickbooks Online, Excel, Word, and Google Suite • General digital literacy (use of a laptop, internet safety etc.) • Detail-oriented with excellent time-management skills • Ability to be autonomous, self-motivated and to work collaboratively with others • Flexibility, maturity, and a good sense of humor • Experience working with middle school aged children preferred • Practicing Catholic preferred Clearances and Training Criminal Justice Fingerprint/Background Clearance as well as ongoing Safe-Environment Training with the Archdiocese of Seattle.
Compensation Salary Range: $90,000 to $100,000 depending on the applicant's skills, prior experience, and education
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Long-Term Disability, 401k, Sick Leave, Vacation and Holidays
SEATTLE NATIVITY SCHOOL NOTICE OF NONDISCRIMINATORY POLICY Seattle Nativity School admits students of any race, color, gender, creed, sexual orientation, religion, or national and ethnic origin to all programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students in the school. Seattle Nativity School does not discriminate on the basis of color, creed, gender, sexual orientation, religion, or national and ethnic origin in the administration of its admission policies, educational policies, hiring policies, scholarships, and other school-administered programs.
Statement of Vaccination Requirement-- Condition of Employment The Governor's Proclamation 21-14-2 requires all employees of educational institutions (schools) to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless medical or religious (moral/ethical) exemption is approved. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination.
SEATTLE NATIVITY SCHOOL
4200 S Mead StSeattle, WA
Finance and Insurance
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?