Mechanical Engineer (Forensic Engineering)
SEA, Ltd. Baltimore, MD
- Posted: over a month ago
Established in 1970, S-E-A, Ltd. is a recognized worldwide leader in forensic analysis, product testing, and investigation. Our firm provides a wide range of services to reveal the cause of product, material and/or structural failures. Our engineers and investigators serve nationally and internationally as analytical litigation experts. To learn more about S-E-A, please visit our web site at www.SEAlimited.com. Come join our growing team!
Essential Job Functions & Responsibilities:
- Conduct field investigations and perform forensic engineering & failure/accident analysis on incidents involving all types of machinery, mechanical equipment and devices including cranes, presses, pressure vessels and hydraulic, pneumatic, HVAC systems, boilers, gas systems, plumbing systems, etc.
- Investigate and analyze mechanical devices, products and designs
- Investigate gas related explosions
- Conduct unbiased investigations for various clients
- Responsible for retention and development of client relationships
- Provide technical findings and conclusions in laymen's terms, both verbally and in written reports.
- Support conclusions by appropriate testimony in legal proceedings.
- Deliver professional presentations, develop client relationships and promote self to client groups.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering is required; Masters Degree preferred
- P. E. registration required
- Knowledge of machine design and mechanical, HVAC, gas, boilers, plumbing systems
- Gas utility or propane experience is a plus
- Minimum of 5 years industry engineering experience
- Forensic experience/exposure a plus
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong writing and public speaking skills
- Moderate Travel
- Ability to maneuver in and around an accident site
- Ability to lift 40 lbs
- Ability to drive to site locations
ManufacturingView all jobs at SEA, Ltd.