Mechanical Engineer (Automotive - Forensics)
- Posted: over a month ago
SEA, Ltd. is a nationally recognized forensic engineering firm with over 52 years in the industry. We investigate the "why" when things fail. If you're curious, looking for a career with continuous learning and crave problem solving, we encourage you to apply!
Essential Job Functions & Responsibilities:
- Conduct field investigations and perform failure/accident analysis on incidents involving various types of vehicles and mechanical equipment
- Conduct vehicular accident reconstruction and mechanical failure analysis
- Conduct unbiased investigations for various types of clients
- Responsible for retention and development of client relationships
- Provide technical findings and conclusions in laymen's terms, both verbally and in writing.
- Support conclusions by appropriate testimony in legal proceedings.
- Deliver professional presentations, develop client relationships and promote self to client groups.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Bachelor' degree in Mechanical Engineering required, Master's degree preferred
- P. E. registration through testing or ability to obtain within eight months
- Minimum of seven years of automotive engineering experience, safety experience preferred
- Vehicular knowledge is a must
- Experience in or desire to learn Vehicular Accident Reconstruction and Failure Analysis
- Must possess strong writing skills
- General knowledge of gas systems and equipment a plus
- Exceptional written and interpersonal communication skills
- Public speaking experience a plus
- 40% Travel (mostly local)
- Ability to maneuver in and around a vehicle or accident site
- Ability to lift 60 lbs
- Ability to drive to site locations
- Extensive forensic training
- Medical, dental vision coverage
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation, sick days and holidays
- Company-paid STD, LTD and Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Bonus program
SEA places a strong value and priority on diversity, equity and inclusion across the company. We believe these values result in a more enriched work environment for our employees and allow us to best provide to our clients. SEA is also focused on, and committed to, staff health and wellbeing. We offer several benefits aimed at health and wellbeing, including an Employee Assistance Program and a Motion Wellness Program that rewards activity through contributions to employee HSA accounts.
SEA is a dedicated equal opportunity employer, evaluating all qualified applications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.
AddressMaryland Heights, MO
ManufacturingView all jobs at SEA, Ltd.
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?