The Jr. Systems Administrator role is responsible for planning, designing, developing, and launching efficient information systems and operations systems in support of core organizational functions. This position provides Level 2 helpdesk support, as well as systems and network administration maintenance and support as needed. The person in this role must also be capable of applying proven communication, analytical and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate and resolve systems issues to maximize the benefit of IT systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Others may be assigned.
- Provides Level 2 support for users. Such support duties include but are not limited to:
- Desktop/laptop imaging, setup, and troubleshooting
- Printer setup/troubleshooting
- Messaging support
- Mobile device support and troubleshooting including tablets and mobile phones
- VoIP system support and troubleshooting
- Maintenance of the Active Directory and Group Policies
- Networking support including DHCP, DNS, and access control lists
- Troubleshoot Group Policy issues including printer deployment
- Troubleshoot Domain Trust Relationship issues
- Understanding of VPNs and troubleshooting connectivity
- Creates and audits security policies for IT systems
- Maintains awareness of changes in security practices and new threats
- Maintains and configures handheld scanning devices
- Documents processes for repeatability/consistency
- Maintains relationships with 3rd party IT vendors and associated paperwork
- Ensures the timely completion of all assigned Requests for Support submitted through the IT department ticketing system, as well as, the documentation of all actions steps taken to resolve the Request.
- Assists in managing IT projects involving internal and external resources and hold them accountable.
- Employee must occasionally work evening and weekend hours to meet deadlines.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associates degree in Information Technology or related fields preferred, or one to two years related experience and/or training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. A+ certification and other network/system/security certifications or equivalent experience preferred.
- To be successful in his/her essential duties the individual is also expected to have a general knowledge base and working understanding of the following areas:
- General PC imaging and troubleshooting.
- Microsoft PC and Server Operating Systems.
- Microsoft Office suites and Office 365.
- Mobile devices including IOS and Android based systems
- Wired and wireless network understanding.
- Active Directory and Group Policy knowledge.
- Able to understand and follow site protocols, policies and procedures.
- Able to perform AD group creation using best practices for security.
- Performs duties with the highest regard for safety and quality.
- Able to handle AD Group Policies issues including GPO printer deployment.
- Able to work in a team environment.
- Able to perform AD Domain Trust Relationship creation and troubleshooting.
- Able to Patch Windows Server infrastructure using GPO with WSUS.
- Maintains knowledge of DHCP, DNS, 802.11, 802.1q, VLANs Routing, and LACP.
SE RetailSE Retail is a full-service industry leader in retail decor, fixtures, design and product display. Our turnkey approach allows us to design and build retail interiors that create loyalty, generate word of mouth, attract customers, and increase sales. We raise the bar in the decor/fixture/marketing space. We educate the retailers that don't know about us (yet), that providers of this type are not all the same. We are the new generation design-build.
Fountain Inn, SC