Are you a people person with a strong desire to make others happy? If so, Comfort Keepers wants you to join our team of compassionate in-home caregivers and Patient Safety Technicians.
At Comfort Keepers, you will spend your days providing joy, friendship and at-home health care services to seniors and other aging adults in need of some extra help.
As a Patient Safety Technician, you will allow a senior the familiarity and comfort of staying in their own home without compromising their non-medical care. In addition to maintaining a senior’s health and well-being, you will work to provide positive experiences that enhance the quality of his or her life.
Patient Safety Technician Benefits:
- Medical Insurance offered after 6 months of employment for full-time positions
- 401K and PTO offered after 1 year of employment for full-time positions
- Flexible Schedule - Part Time and Full-Time Positions available
- Ongoing Training
- Supportive and Rewarding Work Environment
- Growing Company with Opportunity to Advance
Patient Safety Technician Responsibilities:
- Assists patient with daily living activities, such as feeding, range of motion exercises, oral/personal hygiene, positioning, and skin care
- Accompanies patient while walking, either for exercise or when reporting to other departments for treatment or care
- Assists patient with routine hygiene, including toileting and incontinent care
- Maintains a safe and orderly environment, including changing bed linens
- Provides assistance to patient care team, such as assisting rehab therapists during treatments or the RN in emergency situations
- Observes and reports any changes in the patient’s mental, physical, or emotional condition to immediate supervisor in a timely manner
- Communicates with clients and families regarding care
- Ensures that required documentation is complete and is in compliance with regulations and standards
Patient Safety Technician Qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED required
- Successful completion of any state-mandated training
- PCA certification, HHA certification, CNA license or at least one year of professional caregiving experience required
- Certified in CPR
- Knowledge of general sanitary and safety practices
- Able to bend, kneel, squat, stand, and lift 30 pounds
Comfort Keepers is strongly considering candidates with previous experience as a Caregiver, CNA, Home Health Aide, Personal Care Aide/Assistant, or similar positions.
Apply today to join the team of Comfort Keepers in Fredericksburg, VA as a patient safety technician!
Our office is located at 419 Chatham Square Office Park, Fredericksburg, VA 22405, and we serve the Fredericksburg, Stafford, King George, Spotsylvania, and Woodbridge areas, and this position requires travel to one ore more of those areas.