Biotech Sales Representative
- Expired: February 12, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Biotech Sales Representative is the primary lead in SDIX responsible for selling GMP antibody production services to Pharmaceutical and Biotech customers in North America. Working in conjunction with other corporate resources, the Biotech Representative develops and implements a plan to grow sales and improve service levels into assigned accounts in North America.
Responsibilities & Duties:
1. Achieve established sales quota.
2. Drive completion of projects and identify new business development opportunities in the pharma and biotech market.
3. Develop and implement a successful sales strategy to position and promote key services in new and established pharmaceutical and biotechnology accounts in North America.
4. Identify and profile key accounts.
5. Partner with marketing team to gather data on marketing trends, competitive products and pricing.
6. Partner with internal departments such as project planning to manage customer expectations and meet delivery timelines.
7. Identify, plan and execute local promotions, trade shows, seminars and other activities designed to build sustainable competitive products and pricing.
8. Build relationships with customers to influence the acceptance and use of SDIX GMP production services.
9. Present seminars/webinars detailing SDIX core Immuno-solutions and CMO capabilities.
10. Accurately forecast and close new business within the 30-60-90 day time period.
11. Track opportunities to completion, cold call, and follow-up with previous customers for future business.
Qualifications: (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Education, Experience, Job Skills, Equipment Skills, and Certifications)
1. BS/BA degree in Biology, Chemistry or related Life Science discipline; Masters Degree or PhD is considered a plus.
2. Professional sales consultative selling course taken within last 5 years.
3. 5 + years proven successful antibody, biotech product sales, bulk biological reagent sales and/or critical reagent CMO services experience calling on Pharmaceutical and/or Biotechnology accounts in the US.
4. Proficient or general understanding of antibody methodology (mono/polyclonal) development/production.
5. Articulate or general understanding within area of Proteomics; in particular antibodies and Immunoassays. For example a general understanding in the areas of:
Ø Flow cytometry or (FACS)
6. Proficient understanding of GMP in a production setting.
7. Presentation skills to build awareness of SDIX core capabilities to our Pharmaceutical and Biotech clients.
8. Energetic, resourceful, and highly motivated
Work Environment / Other Requirements:
At SDIX our work environment varies significantly from job to job. The requirements for this position are as follows:
1. Travel required up to 50% of the time
2. Work from dedicated home office or on-site in Maine or DelawareRequirements:
Get fresh Biotech Sales Representative jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.